Ok so I'm going to have some free time with this layoff so........

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnparts

My buddy had a 1932 chevy frame sitting in his shop with a mustang 2 front end on it (now I dont mean a really nice modern mustang 2 front end I mean it looks like someone cut the front end off of a pinto and welded it to the frame) But my Girl's dad just brought home a 1973 Jag with an extra rear and a V12/400 combo. So he said if I did the Jag rear end in his 30 model a I could have the V12/400 and extra rear end then we can part the rest of the car out and split the money. So here's what I've got so far A frame a carburated V12 and trans and 4 wheel independent suspension. I really want to put this thing together with a 40 ford or dodge pickup cab Z the front and have this thing be a knuckle dragger but I'm out of a job and I cant afford a body right now. Any Idea's folks could I trade this Jag body for a truck body? should I just start on the build and hope I can buy a body down the road(but that would make the fab work for me a little weird cause I like to build around the body) or should I take what little good luck I've had here and just try to sell all of these goodies?

Man, it is the way it always goes, the battle between money and time.
I hate to advise anyone on money situtations. But I will tell you there are a million old farms with trucks still sitting on them. Somtimes farmers let that old junk go cheap. Or will trade out for... labor, paint the barn, shovel grain, or just clean up. who knows?

i say set it all aside, sell the extra parts, and then use that cash to find a body. Hopefully by the time you get to that point you'll be working again.

I doubt you will find someone willing to trade....too odd of a swap.

FYI .....jag IFS clips go under 48-53 chevy trucks nicely (and I am told they fit same era Fords too). A fendered truck would be a nice option considering the parts you have.

well I got good news today I guess I'm going back to work for a bit we got three bigger jobs scheduled for this month so V12 rat truck here I come

Latest posts

Back