OK... what did Santa bring ya!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I have to admit... I've never been very good at using most flaring tools & have struggled with that & have always wanted a decent tool but just couldn't justify the $500 version. So when Eastwood had their vice held version on sale for a lil over $200 I figured I'd ask Santa for that instead since I have a couple of new builds on the horizon. Yipppeee!!!

Here's a vid of it in action... http://www.eastwood.com/professional-brake-tubing-flaring-tool.html

BoB

Attachments

• flare.jpg
    flare.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 49
My brother n law got me a bomber hat and my wife got me some Johnny cash CDs.

Carhart garage pants...18 gauge sheet metal...Carhart cap...16 gauge sheet metal...A Jack Reacher book...a visit from my friend Jim from Atlanta...watching my 2 1/2 year old grand son rip open presents...fudge...cookies...and a '36 Chevy front axle assembly.

Best of all, the whole family was together last night.

We decided to take it easy this year and take the pressure off of everyone in the family. Did things like Summit gift certificates and stuff like that, but not to the degree we normally do. It actually felt good not to stress over putting ourselves in debt for the rest of 2013. :)

We all went out to a restaurant last night instead of cooking a huge feast at home. Lots of people must have had the same idea because we had reservations and it was still a 50 minute wait. But we talked, laughed, and didn't have to clean up any mess when we were done. My ex wife even paid for my dinner. :D

Dan is fighting the flu so today I am going to make a huge pot of vegetable soup and just relax around the house. All in all, it was a very pleasant Christmas.

Don

Santa was pretty low key this year, and I'm fine with that.

Plenty of others around the World that need things like food, shelter, etc...so just being with my friends and family was more important.

I'm surprised I didn't get any socks this year however. But, I did buy myself a planishing hammer this week. :D

Speakers for my 2003 TJ Rubicon. Some VERY nice scotch whiskey. :p

Two SOG Tactical Tomahawks from my Mom[S. Great for doing in zombies.... I think.

I'm going to have some Scotch, smoke a Cuban cigar, and figure out how and where Mom thinks I should use a SOG Tomahawk. Do a zombie check... You never know...;)

Gold03

my new toy

You are going to LOVE that bandsaw. Is that a Jet ? If not, our Jet is very similar and it has been a real lifesaver for the 8 years or more we have had it. Every time we cut something on it we remark that we couldn't imagine doing half of what we do without it.........even odd shaped cuts, once you learn to get creative with the way you clamp down the piece being cut.

As you can see, ours has a lot of hard miles on it, but it still works like brand new.

myrpumoreframework003.jpg

Don

A friend of mine was upgrading his equipment before the first of the year and sold me ur uh Santa one like this one.
I'll get it around January 20th
I didn't get pics of it while I was there so found pics of one similar.
It's a 60 ton 10 foot 10 gauge press break.

KGrHqRq4FCTecKOmRBQojyuzKy60_1.jpg

20121108133621172_L.jpg

You are going to LOVE that bandsaw. Is that a Jet ? If not, our Jet is very similar and it has been a real lifesaver for the 8 years or more we have had it. Every time we cut something on it we remark that we couldn't imagine doing half of what we do without it.........even odd shaped cuts, once you learn to get creative with the way you clamp down the piece being cut.

As you can see, ours has a lot of hard miles on it, but it still works like brand new.

myrpumoreframework003.jpg

Don

it's a shop fox, they look identical though.i figured it would be real handy. i had a smaller one but it was a chore to keep it cutting straight.

A friend of mine was upgrading his equipment before the first of the year and sold me ur uh Santa one like this one.
I'll get it around January 20th
I didn't get pics of it while I was there so found pics of one similar.
It's a 60 ton 10 foot 10 gauge press break.

Very nice

Latest posts

Back