Ok... who *hasn't* owned a Beetle Bug?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did actually work on a couple of them. I used to have 2-3 customers with beetles. I hated doing emissions test because the machine required they idle under 1100 rpm and they wouldn't very well. For repairs I sent them to some guys who specialized in VW, bunch of weird old hippies that loved them. The best mechanic they had lived in a squareback out in their parking lot.
We have a blue beetle setting in the yard now, belongs to my sister. About once a year they throw about $1000 at it but it still refuses to move about under it's own power.

I "hasnt"! :D

I have found a body, tho.....and wanna build sumpin like this after I get my shop built.

Attachments

• DSCF3981%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG
    DSCF3981%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 27
I've owned a ton of different style beetles. The most impressive one had a 455 Olds motor in it with a th400...nuff said.

I've had several Beetles, a Ghia, a bus & a couple of Things but if I had another one it would be like this V8 roadster! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! [dr[dr[dr

BoB

Attachments

• Front engine VW.jpg
    Front engine VW.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 11
I had a rusted out '66 in high school that is still one of my favorite all-time cars. I just love the look of a pre-67 bug. I'd have another right now if it wasn't so hot down here.

I like the volksrods but I wouldn't have the heart to cut up an early beetle -unless it was rusty/ratty already.

I had a 1974 Super beetle. MY uncle have to me. Run it till the front suspension rutted off and whet up in the wheel wells and burnt all the paint off the top of the front fender. Bought the repair kit from J.C. Witney and ran it until it quit.

I have never and never will. I drove a couple old and newer ones over the years and didnt care for them

i never have and never had any intrest in any of them, i'm pro american, guess i'll always be. when the wife bought her last car i thought i was going to have a heart attack she got a toyota, but it is her's.

:(

A friend in high school had two...a bug and a ghia...I helped work on both of them enough and ended up painting both of them for him.....Never had the desire to own one after those days. Got nothing against them, and think they look pretty cool fenderless with a straight axle out front, but unless someone gives me one for next to nothing, I don't see one in my future. As a side note...my dad (God rest his soul) always called the bugs pregnant roller skates :D

Latest posts

Back