Old Gasser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

probchld1953

What do you do in NC on a Sat. Night and it is forty-five degrees out,,,well, go to a drag race. My local track Kinston Dragstrip held its 21st annual Winterfest. Look what I found.
It's a forty Chevy Gasser built and raced by Vance and Sons Trucking in southern Cal. It still wears its original paint from the seventies and some original decals. One is Bushey's Machine. It is in Ramona Cal. I know cause I used to drive by it on my way to work many years ago. Chet Bushey used to run an A Fuel Dragster and ran the shop.
gasser3.jpg

The car was sold in the late nineties and came to NC to live in Charlotte for ten years then the guy that ownes it now bought it a little over a year ago.
gasser2.jpg

It runs 6.0's in the eighth with a BBC and a single four barrell. It is as clean as if were built yesterdag, and looks great. A piece of history.
gasser1.jpg

Here is a link to a short vid too, but I didn't get him racing.
http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc17/Probchld1953/?action=view&current=gasservid.flv

Last edited:
Thanks for posting a real nice gasser. 6.0's is quick for a car that can't be too light weight. I'm jealous that you can go to the strip in Jan. when I have to keep moving so my feet don't freeze to the ground.

That's a really cool car. I saw it at the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona this year. It looked like it had too much engine set back to be a class legal gasser but it was probably an optical illusion. It sounds REALLY healthy too. It had a big block Chevy in it.

Latest posts

Back