old iron in western ok

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djh2003

we unearthed this old 40merc in western ok yesterday. we've got some more to go after but this was a start.. loaded with nothing more than a shovel, come along and some wood. started early am and it was on by 11:30.
lots of good parts

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 65
What Luck

Iam putting the word out to all the local farmers that Iam looking for old cars and will clean up there filds. I would like to find a coupl more touring cars. Good job !! [cl

Last edited:
Farmers can be a different bunch. May almost give it away or may not sell it for any thing especially if grandpappy took them to school in it. Look at your local farm auctions . Old cars are goog finds there everyone wants farm equipment there

please forgive my ignorance but, how do all these cars stay put with all the tornadoes that go on back there?:D

A tornado has a path width from a few feet to a mile wide if it's bigg'un. That being said, most only travel a short distance, 1/2 mile or less, with the exception being a long track one which can travel 100 miles or so, but they are somewhat rare. Since the footprint of a tornado is so small, its easy to see how lots of area would be missed.
One in a direct path might be moved, or it might not. Tornados do strange things, like totally destroying one house and leaving another untouched, then destroying the next! I would say it's just a matter of chance to where a car was sitting as to it being a direct hit or not.

I know

Actually thats how thes cars got where there at A F5 just dropped them there ! Oh and tornadoes can hit the same place 2 times and more:D
please forgive my ignorance but, how do all these cars stay put with all the tornadoes that go on back there?:D

Actually thats how thes cars got where there at A F5 just dropped them there ! Oh and tornadoes can hit the same place 2 times and more:D

Tornadoes don't really scare me until the sirens are on and its on the ground. You get numb to the "watches". when I was young and dumb we'd grab a 12 pack and follow the storm chasers.
About them hitting cars it happens cause my 200r came from a a piedmont tornado monte ss.

Nice find but that passenger side looks a bit rusty [ddd I'm always amazed at how stuff stays preserved out there.......you guys have to bury them in the ground to get them to do that but here all we have to do is park that side towards the weather for a few years. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back