Old original car pics

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpectreBoy

Hey guys, dad died 13 year ago, mom died 8 years ago, but anyway was going thru pictures that were in all the stuff we took out of the family home and we had just stuck in the basement. Found these pics of cars from the days gone by and thought you might enjoy them, got some family in them and if they shouldn't be here just have a moderator delete them, enjoy!!!!!!

Mom back in 48
1948mom.jpg

My oldest brother out the back window same car and year
1948rayinbackseat.jpg

1950 a guy my dad worked with by the shop truck
1950paulwhite.jpg

1951 My dads best friend and life long business partner Harold and 2 unknown guys by race car, I think the name on the car says Jim Holycross
1951haroldracecar.jpg

more pics

1951 mom again
1951mom.jpg

1953 guy my dad worked with Chester Francis and shop truck
1953chesterfrancis.jpg

1953 mom again, dang dad took a lot of pics of mom LOL
1953momeasterdress.jpg

1954 my middle brother
1954brotherfrank.jpg

still more

1961 Grandpa
1961grandpa.jpg

1950 Uncle Art and Bill his son. Uncle Art always had neat cars cause he owned a Desoto,Studebaker,Chrysler,Plymouth dealership, the same dealship is still in business and run by his grandson in Chillicothe Ohio
billart1950.jpg

No year but around 1960 me and my brother by dads ride
frandandInoyear.jpg

no year but another of dads rides
noyearBeechgroveDr.jpg

Was yer middle brother runnin' away from home,, :D jus kidin'

cool ole pics, neat thing about the ole pics,, is everyone really posed for them. Say cheese...!

The pictres are great. I love all those kind of car pictures. In the one, the kid is out in the street playing ball, next to a classic car. But I guess it was just a car then.

Very cool pictures. Thanks for scanning and posting them. I could look at pictures like this all day. I've got a bunch of them but I don't have a scanner.

The color picture of the green and white 1954 Olds in the street with the child playing near it must have been taken in 1959 or later. The black car in the driveway behind the Olds is a 1959 Ford and the white car in the carport looks to be a 59 or 60 Buick.

Pre-Tripper!

My Mom's 2 weeks B4 I was born... circa Sept 1948. My how time flies!!! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• mom.jpg
    mom.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 33
The pictures are cool! I like seeing them too. I have a bunch of family/car pictures just like that somewhere. I wish I had a scanner dang it!!! Me at 7 in the body shop in front of Grandpa's 56 Lincoln Mark II during it's restoration was always a favorite of mine. I think it would be great to keep this thread going with everyones old black and white photo's of the family rides if you have any?

Thunder1

Last edited:
man it's just like a trip back in time!! since being a young pup of only 35, i look at shots like that, see a wonderful time of life in america and think i MUST have been born 30 yrs too late! thanks for sharing. HRP

Latest posts

Back