Old timey feeling T (maybe?)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't get my engine home yet, but did make some progress towards it:

Started with this:
IMAG0587.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ended with this:
IMAG0588.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You would not believe how little support there is in these motorhomes... Sheetmetal outside, 1" foam insulation, then some panelling on the inside. Only real bracing is the three u channel uprights in the second pic.

And I saw this at the Princeton car show on Saturday... Love the stance/70's vibe...
IMAG0580.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is close to what i'm shooting for..

Well folks, the t bucket frame has found a new home with Todd, along with a bunch of suspension parts and other things. That leaves me with.....Sitting here in Spearfish SD waiting to pick up a model A frame and a bunch of other parts in the morning! So I will have a bunch of extras, will post a thread in the for sale section after I get it all home. But for good measure, i'll name a couple things. "NEW" deck lid for a coupe, "NEW" panel below deck lid, a couple engines, rear ends etc. Stay tuned!

How much of a Model A can a Ranger haul?

About this much:

20150926_144149.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
That was my life for almost 700 miles... Plus the empty trip out there. Left noon Friday, got back home just before 11:30 PM Saturday. Did some stuff with the wife today, then unloaded it all!

20150927_190802.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150927_190826.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

There are a few other new sheet metal parts as well, but they will be posted in the parts for sale section. Just need to decide what I am going to use. The frame, front axle and cowl tank I will use for sure:

20150927_190849.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150927_191029_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150927_192522.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150927_192537.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just a reminder of what my old tank looked like:
20150927_192551.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You packed that well Dave. Might be time for a new thread for "A family sedan"

Yeah, I wish I could change the title...I could have packed a little better, but it was getting really humid already by 9AM out there in South Dakota. Finished strapping the load down and hit the road by 10AM.

Ended with this:
IMAG0588.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You would not believe how little support there is in these motorhomes... Sheetmetal outside, 1" foam insulation, then some panelling on the inside. Only real bracing is the three u channel uprights in the second pic.

That's why they rot so easily (up here at least), and when you see one in an accident they basically explode. People pay tons of money for the new ones that are basically held together with hopes and dreams.

Interesting little deal on the front axle. Looks like it was some kind of drawbar conversion to convert the axle to a steered wagon axle. Might be worth a few bucks to a collector.

Bama, I agree with you on the farm wagon steering gismo. That one looks a way better than the one that I have on my Model A frame [converted to a wagon].
I already had my wallet out and was digging through it with a generous mood, when I realized that I'm trying to make a car out of a farm wagon, not a wagon out of a car, so I have one too many of those things.

Latest posts

Back