??? on a midget motor??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John T. Hodgen

Hey Guys/Girls,
I have a friend that has a few midgets and he has one that nobody can identify the motor that's in it. It's built from model a parts but the 4 cyl. motor has a waterpump off to the side of the motor and ran off a fanbelt. Now this is the kicker, the waterpump has 2 old oilcup holders to lube the bearings on it. Any Ideas what motor he's got? Could it be an aftermarket pump of some sort? Thanks in advance forany help. I know it's a long shot without pics but this is how he described it. Thanks--John T.

Sounds like it might be a Crosley?

20090403172302DSC01546.jpg

Lots of accessory water pumps were made for A's and T's. They bolt to the block in place of the bottom rad hose neck.

Thanks for the replys! The car is made of A body and the motor isn't an A. Sorry, no pics as of now. R-Pope, thanks for the picture, if the motor had been an A motor indentifying it wouldn't be a problem. My friend said the pump had a name on it but he couldn't think what it was when we were talking. I'll ask him and get back. Thanks everyone later-John T.

Latest posts

Back