One of those days

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolpete

I figured BS was the best place for this...

Had one of those days yesterday, where nothing went right. I won't even touch on the work issues as there are too many to list. But got home got the kid in bed and went to spend some time in the garage. Went to cut out a peice for patching my frame and halfway through the cut my grinder dies (only have one right now). Then cleaned up a bit and figured I would disassemble the Model T rear spring I plan to use in my Model A. Bolt comes out fine and I am slowly releasing the pressure on the c-clamps. Get the c-clamps off the spring, and go to grab the main leaf and it breaks in half, cracked about a 1/2" away from the centre bolt, so i figure crap I will need to buy a new main. Go to grab the second leaf and same freaking thing...

So now I need to either find a new T spring, or someone to make a new main and second. Or scrap the idea of a T spring (as they are pretty hard to find up here) and just go witha reversed eye Model A....

One of those days I wish I could have a do-over.

I've had days just like that :(
Mulligans in our hobby are pretty rare, unless you look on craigs or dabay rare stuff is all over the place there :D

just remember my motto "It could always get worse"

you need to remember it because sometimes...it DOES! ;)

I had those same thoughts on Monday...truck transmission started slipping, figured it was just low on fluid, get some at the parts store after I gas up. Get back in the truck put it in gear and nothing! Giant puddle of fluid under the cooler.....got some help pushing it away from the pump and walk to pepboys for some new hose....20 minutes later I am pulling away from the gas station....drive less than 1/8 mile and the driveshaft falls out! Back to pepboys for a new universal.....3 hours and a lot of cussing and i'm off......thinking what else can go wrong......on a brighter note....got rid of the vibration that I thought was a tire! :D

Hang in there Pete.... things do get better....[cl

pistolpete, sounds like the start of a 1/4 elliptical project =)

All the bad things, maybe its good that I only work on the rat for an hour or 2 a night when I'm actually out in the garage, not enough time for things to go that far south...

I usually keep a pretty positive attidtude... more so just a quick vent. Any time spent in the garage is better then time spent at work, almost sounds like those old fishing signs... "a bad day of fisshing".

Dirtyrat, the only issue with that is the arc of the T spring... its got quite teh curve to it.

He's got a point. What were the odds of 90 year old springs still be useable? Better to find it now rather than hearing the ting ting ting of spring chunks bouncing down the road! :eek: (Yes, that has happened to me)

Yep....been there and done that!!

Had those type of days....makes ya wonder why you even got out of bed...but, as was said...it could get worse and in some case it does....thats the time I put down the tools and go inside....cause if I continue...things will happen, I'll get PO'd and then things get worse....kind of a "what goes around comes around"....in this case it's "what gets thrown around, usually bounces off something and hits you or breaks something else you really need"!! :eek:

Latest posts

Back