One step forward one step back

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shocks and radius rods

well I figured I`d show rpm what happened to the parts he sent me so here they are. the shock linkages are 3/8 bolts with the head and threads cut off for the rod, and 1" nuts I think with rubber bushings in them. Also after racking my brain I ended up making some "tribute to speedway" shackle plates to attach the bottom of the link. I modded those shock abit but mainly just cleaned up the plasma marks. Thanks eztbucket.com :)

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
start of gas tank mounts

making these out of that metal strap that you see as your mom or wifes flower garden boarder BWAHAHA! it comes with or without stake holes and sadly ours had stake holes but then again I didnt pay a dime for it! they still have a way to go but if any of you guys are into off roading or just want a spare jerry can . I traced the bottom of the can on 2- 2x8s scraps and screwed them together. screwed one end of the strap to the "buck" and rolled it up like a sleeping bag hitting it with a rubber mallet to keep it tight. and tack it , pull out the buck and weld it. theses are only half done so far.

Attachments

• 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 39
well there was a little progress monday

my gas tanks got mounted last week. the mount is pretty much like a battery mount in the way it works. I threaded my own round stock just cause it looks better than allthread mainly. also after about an hour of air hammer I got these pedals off a 40s pugnose chevy

Attachments

• photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 27
  • photo7.JPG
    photo7.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 24
here are a few ideas I`m throwing around.

I mocked up an old american made level I`ve had since I was about 13 for a read bumper. I could put signal lights in the two round end holes. a holley intake for my side intake. a spare take mount since i`m only running 10 gallons. and the grill is now in the stages of being mounted and is staying there.thanks to some help from mom. yeah she helps me what you wanna fight about ! :mad: :D

forgot the pictures

so here they are.

Attachments

• photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 55
  • photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 59
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 58
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 54
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 65
Haha nice play on words!

Thanks guys. Yeah I decided the level will stay. Only issue with the spare tank is imagine a blow out or it pitching a rock through the tank haha

head light mounts

well I havent made any cool progress in a whiles so I worked on my head lights. I made the original out of wood and used it as a template.

Attachments

• headlight3.JPG
    headlight3.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 23
  • headlight4.bmp
    100 KB · Views: 20
  • headlight 6.bmp
    100 KB · Views: 47
  • headlight 5.bmp
    100 KB · Views: 55
  • wood headlight.bmp
    100 KB · Views: 28
  • headlight2.JPG
    headlight2.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 17
  • headlight 3.bmp
    100 KB · Views: 18
more headlight action

well i got my headlights mounted today. the previous posts they were just sitting in place and I had only made one mount. I also messed around with a tierod that appeared when storm trees were being cut around the shop. itll be in the what is it forum also since it has two different ends and i wouldnt mind replacng them.

Attachments

• headlights.jpg
    headlights.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 51
  • headlight 6.jpg
    headlight 6.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 37
Awsome build first and formost. That being said I have a question how do those pedals work it looks like they would be pulling instead of pushing the cylinder rods do the cylinders mount infront or behind them? They look similar to something I have been planning for my t. Again great build.

Latest posts

Back