opinion?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownbagg

I went to look at a 42 studibaker coupe

it was in bad shape, setting on a toyota truck frame with the suspension cut out. had a junkyard 460 not running. The car was an old dirt tracker in the early years, maybe sixtys, so all the glass was plex glass hood welded together and headlight welded covered. the back was smooth but maybe thirty pounds of bondo in it.

body had all the support cut out of body, doors, dash, basically just a skin. no door hinges or handles, no interior, not running, not driveable and wont be for years.

I drove 160 miles one way to see it. guy wanted $1500 for it

I pass, it might be worth 1500 but I dont have that much time. I would have to trash everything but the body

i dont even think it make a decent rat rod, i know its 70 years old and look good for 70

question: did I do right?

From the description, you made a VERY smart move. My Son and I drove 13 hours one way to Shreveport La one time with a trailer in tow to pickup a 40 Ford pickup cab that was described as clean. We were there all of 5 minutes and turned around and drove 13 hours back with an empty trailer. That thing had more holes in it than swiss cheese. :mad:

But I would have hated myself if I bought it just because of the long trip.

Don

You sir made the right move...

I feared so badly after driving 300 miles that I was going to be looking at a block of swiss cheese... instead I would like to think I came across gold! $350 for a decent truck project...

Latest posts

Back