OPINIONS on bobbing my F100 bed?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
Which one do you guys think looks best? I bobbed both sets of picc to about the same lengths.
Thanks.

Attachments

• allbobred.jpg
    allbobred.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 51
  • bob1 copy.jpg
    bob1 copy.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 44
  • bob-2 copy.jpg
    bob-2 copy.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 32
  • bob-3 copy.jpg
    bob-3 copy.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 31
my opinion is to try and find a short bed from another truck, then shorten frame to match.......(to me the 64-66 bed looks better anyway)
but you know what they say about opinions..they're like armpits-everybody has 'em..and some stink!!:D:eek:

I like the look of the shorter one but you would have to bring the rear wheels forward too. It looks a little out of place being so far back. Maybe cut an equal amount off of the front and rear.

I like bob job number 2 on the black truck photo. I say that because I think it would look best with the wheel opening approximately centered in the bed side.

Thanks for all the input fellas. After photo-chopping it for awhile, I lost my perspective as to what looked right. Somewhere around #2 is where I'll cut it to then. Like Gastrick said, to balance it out.

I have reasons not to slam or short-bed swap it - although I like both. I wanted to keep the long-bed, but with what I plan to do I think it looks to heavy behind the tires at 8'.

Thanks again!

Some Slick history - the 61-63 F100's were uni-bodies (body and cab one piece), but if you wanted a separated bed, Ford threw on the old 59-60 style bed causing mismatched body lines.

Latest posts

Back