Opinions....!!! (What would you change)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chv

Below is the truck me and the boy have been building. Its registered and legal to drive now :D! What would you all do if it was yours, or you saw it somewhere at a show. I still need a grill, rims etc, but something just dosen't look quite right...

Attachments

• Misc 040.jpg
    Misc 040.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 274
  • Misc 041.jpg
    Misc 041.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 212
it doesn't look bad to me, but i might consider shortening the bed a little and move the rear axle forward a "tad" -to "balance it" a little better, i also think that the bed might look better if it had been even at the bottom of the cab-it would hide the frame some and "smooth things a little...

i don't want you to think i'm being too critical, but you did ask for opinions & i shared :)

but all in all it looks pretty cool:cool:

First let me say I really like the truck but if I were to change anything, I'd bob the bed, paint the frame black, use older style rear mags and run baby moons on front. Great father/son project!

Rattler

Overall, I think it is a pretty neat truck with decent proportions. I think the bed height and length are OK, but the bed does need some sort of extension below the standard bed side to fill in the void between the bed and the cab. ....maybe a louvered panel? I don't think I would weld it flush with the bed side. It needs to be seperate and have some small amount of character on it's own.

My $.02

If the bed were shorter and the rear wheels closer to the cab it would be more appealing to me. Larger wheels and tires and maybe proportionate stake sides on the bed to make it look shorter as well. Congratulations on what looks like a well done project :)

i agree on the bed being a tad shorter, and lower to hide the frame. also paint he frame black, and add a grille. i like it a though! looks like a fun truck...

Run it as is for awhile. As you see examples and builds you like, incorporate those ideas you like into your own ride. She's your rig, build it your way.:)

Only two things I'd really change. I'd plant that thing in the dirt and change the wheels. Otherwise you and your boy have got one hell of a truck.

Like the rest, the bedd could be bobbed, and the rear rims changed. All I got to add is - grind those front white walls all the way out. You could do the rears too .... just to match.

Good looking truck but I think we're all in agreement, (no small task). I'm not sure you would have to shorten the bed but it needs to be extended on the bottom. Try that and see how it looks, shoot some more pics and ask again. If you want to do it easy just use cardboard to see how it looks.

Thanks All, I do plan on extending the bed a little lower in the front to hide the frame some and plan on slot mags in the rear with chrome reverse wheels up front. Chop been thinking about, but that would be next year after a little driving time.

Chad

100 of us could stand around any given car and have 100 different opinions about what we like and don't like about it, that is what makes this hobby so interesting...........no two cars are exactly alike. We could even look at a car that wins a Ridler or GNRS trophy and pick it apart, that is just human nature.

As for your truck, it really isn't all that bad. I actually like it a lot. The bottom line is that you and your Son have to like it and it has to put a smile on your faces, not ours. I agree that you should just drive the h*** out of it for a while, get to know what you like and want to change, then do phase two. Or, you may decide it is perfect as is and never change anything but the oil in the crankcase. :D It appears to be a safe, solidly built little driver you created.

And maybe sbc engines are like belly buttons, but I gain more and more respect for the one in my 23 every mile more I put under the tires. :cool:

Don

I agree with Don. Also agree that adding to the bottom of the bed and a grill would be a good idea. Even though the bed is a touch longer than average, I think you did well on the proportions. I like the truck a lot.[cl

Building is a constant, ongoing process--never 'ends'.

Glass the WS and DRIVE it.. Save the changes for winter days with nothing to do.

I've got a 26 T that took 10 years to get 'right', then I parked it!!!

Its all fun--enjoy it..

PA41

I skirted my bed bottom using a 6" perlin it worked out to be about the right width. Bobbing the bed a little more might help, On mine I wish my rear wheels were a little more forward but it had to be that way to fit it all in there.LOL Depending on what grill you run I like the hoodless look better,But since you asked our opinions,LOL I think You have a cool truck just sit back drink a cold beer and stare at it for a few hours and the answers will come.LOL

Attachments

• bed1.jpg
    bed1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 47
  • rod7.jpg
    rod7.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Back