Our New Rides

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomech

Mr. Willys
my wife and i were tired of making car payments so we sold our 07 impala and sold our 95 jeep wrangler and we went with something older and no payments

mine is the suburban its a 1989 3/4 ton with a 350

hers is the truck its an 1986 1/2 ton 4x4 with a shiny new 383 stroker

Attachments

• suburban.jpg
    suburban.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 15
  • suburban1.jpg
    suburban1.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 10
  • suburban2.jpg
    suburban2.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 9
  • suburban3.jpg
    suburban3.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 4
we paid $3000 bucks for each of them tons ofnew parts on both

Attachments

• rhondas chevy.jpg
    rhondas chevy.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 6
  • rhondas chevy2.jpg
    rhondas chevy2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 5
  • rhondas engine.jpg
    rhondas engine.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 9
Congrats on the new rides moto. That "Unurban Suburban" is cool. Maybe you can swap engines with the wife when she isn't looking.:D

Car payments!

Moto,
I drive my Chevelle nearly every day it isn't raining but when I show houses I have to use my truck (spell... payment), if I it wasn't for that... I'd ditch that sucker in a *Heartbeat*!!! ; - >

BoB

Nice burban !

This is my friend clint's

'86 350, 4L80E trans.16in of lift all spring (no blocks or body) 1 ton running gear,22in wheels rapped in 41's. You almost need a running start too get in it.:D

Attachments

• 2wmks2r.jpg
    2wmks2r.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 11
Nice to not have that car payment monkey on your back every month, huh? I haven't had a car payment since 1986........I HATE car payments. I just buy a clean used car like you just did and keep it running, I have nobody to impress and they do everything I need them to do.

With the economy the way it is I bet a lot more people will be going the same route. The new car dealerships almost can't give a car away now.

Don

I have heard less new cars made and sold = less and higher priced used cars a few years down the road . Bought a new 65 Chevy pickup and a new 69 chevy wagon once. all the rest have been used. I call my 2001 Ford 4 door pickup my "Funeral Truck", meaning I'm going to my own funeral in that truck.LFE

Both are sweet rides..
I had an 86 1/2 ton shortbed 4x4 on 33s that I would LOVE to have back..
I had so much fun in that truck...
I would love to ditch my Hemi Ram, and lose a payment, but I owe too much :(

yay for me i was cleaning the suburban and i found a 10 dollar bill yay for me:D

Sweet ! ya gota love that......

I detailed car for a years for a local Jeep dealer and I would find money all the time.I was the only one there that would take the time too pull out the back seat bottom and that's the gold mine spot.Thanks too my dad for teaching me that trick.:D

Latest posts

Back