Pack Rats

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumpszilla

Ok guys I know we are all packrats. So what is the most unique non automotive thing you have that most would say is trash?

I'll start I have a Sears,Roebuck and Co. Incorporated catalog from the Fall of 1900.

Attachments

• DSCI1263.JPG
    DSCI1263.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 23
Popular Mechanics magazines from 1934-1963. I've had them about 25 years....they were listed for sale in a local swap paper and I thought about calling about them. Then a couple weeks later they were listed again at half the original price.....almost called again. Then the next week they were listed for free :eek: Bingo, the price was right so I jumped on them. Took my already low Grand Prix to pick them up without thinking how much 30 years of magazines would weigh :eek: Came home with the bumper dragging but have had many good years of reading.

I save my worn out old boots. Just can't bring myself to throw them away since we been through so much stuff together!!!..[P

They aren't called pack rats these days, they are hoarders.......lol

I have 40 year old cowboy boots....still fit, but if I wore them, I would likely never walk again.....some coins and watches from just as long ago.

Oh, and I have "T" shirts and underwear older than some members here....guaranteed,

You know that catalog is a repro don't you? Most things in that catalog are less than the cover price of $3.95.

Actually no this one is not a repro. They were dealers books and hence the high price. If everyone could afford the book they could all be store owners. I thought it a repro as well so had it checked out and was told it was an original dealers book. Wished I could get them to price match since rifles were like $13.

Odd.....not...well, maybe.

Well.....if there is a prize, it's mine! LOL I have a coffin manufactured in 1903. No, it's not a repro or a copy. Neither is it a small toy. Full-size, real, lined with silky material...covered in a textured cloth. I'll stick a pic on here tomorrow.:eek:

Lynn

I've had these two "toys" since I was a kid back in the 50s. They are metal with rubber tires and workable steering. The maintainor blade swivels and raises and lowers. (I repainted it and put some stickers on back in '89 when my son wanted to play) The ladder from the fire truck got lost years ago. It was about three foot and it raised, lowered and swiveled. I had a dragline but, my nephew borrowed it and it got trashed and ran over. The bulldozer got donated to a toy museum. These two are all that's left. They are about 24" long and weigh maybe ten pounds each. They've made it through four boys and 60+ years and still work. Just don't make 'em like they used to. Later.

Attachments

• 0402120827.jpg
    0402120827.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 0402120828.jpg
    0402120828.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 18
Whaassamatter

Hey Snake....I think "OOS" Old, old stock. Hehe...c'mon tell me this ain't cool.... Who do you know got one but me??:D:D

Oh, and when my daughter was dating in high school, just one "accidental tour" of my shop for the boyfriend.....and presto..a perfect gentleman.[ddd

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 18
HEY.....

HEY...Hey

Where'd everybody go??? Hello......? Dang! It happened again. I skeered everybody away......[S[S

It's ok. The voices told me to stay home and clean my guns anyway.....[ddd[ddd[ddd

Not me!

Uhhhh..No. My boys would put it on the porch for Halloween and lie in it and scare the ...... outta the trick or treaters. :D:D

(.....got that mean streak from their Momma, I betcha!)[ddd

Latest posts

Back