Package routing

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Iron

Thought you might get a kick out of this.
I purchased some Underarmour from Bass Pro Shop which is in Springfield Mo. I live 8 miles north of Springfield which is a total of 17 miles.
I had it shipped for convenient purposes this is the route it took and 6 days to get here :D
Two way trip of 436 miles plus the 15 mile from the FedEx facility to my house which is a total of 451 miles to get to me [P
I know this isn't the reason why shipping costs are out of balance right???:rolleyes:

attachment.php

Attachments

• FedEx.JPG
    FedEx.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 83
Yes, Sir on the surface it does sound crazy.[S[S[S

I've learned to check for the location the distribution wear house before
I order anything online. Especially if I need the item quickly. I had ship time for hub caps range from two day to two weeks. The mid range priced set was here in two days.

Sometimes saving a few $$$ is not worth the wait other times it is.

Also, my Postmaster told be for USPS 500mi. is the cut off point for truck vs. Air. I would think UPS & Fedex have some similar plan.

Brick & Mortar store are are on the "Green Mile" and the Governor isn't on the phone.

Last edited:
By the looks of it, Bass Pro Shop has a distribution center near Earth City. The package entered the FedX system there, not in Springfield. I assume FedX was/is closed for several days over the new year holiday hence the time delay.

I ordered my calendars from Zazzle last week, they shipped them from CA on UPS to Atlanta GA. From there they went to a post office in Morrow GA, then back to Birmingham Al to here by USPS. They had to come through AL to get to GA, 250 miles east, then come back on a different carrier. UPS has a terminal in Tuscaloosa AL, 35 miles from me.[S

Same thing on some stuff I ordered from RockAuto. It went from a warehouse in Atlanta, to a UPS terminal nearly at the SC line, then back to here. Took 4 days to get here, I could have driven over there and picked it up in about 8 hours. [S

LTL {less than truckload} freight is crazy the way it moves around like that.

Yeah it's hard to figure out sometimes. I can ship something from Florida to California in 2 days, it takes 4 days to get something to the Keys....:rolleyes:

Yeah it's hard to figure out sometimes. I can ship something from Florida to California in 2 days, it takes 4 days to get something to the Keys....:rolleyes:

i got a big box of tools from alaska faster than i got a letter from across town

i got a big box of tools from alaska faster than i got a letter from across town
The wife does wholesale work for a store about 20 miles from us and when they send her a check, most of the time it goes to Kansas City then to us.:eek: :D

I wonder how many times it's the system and way it's setup that causes the problems, or just plain screw ups by the people that handle the items? A gentleman from Texas sent me a cheque for some aircraft parts. Didn't see it for over two weeks. Postage cancel stamp was from Romania, well Canada and Romania do both end in the letter 'A'. I scanned the envelope and emailed it to him and he and his wife got a real laugh out of it. I mentioned it must have went by airmail, figured it went for the ride until the postage was used up and out window it went! I would love to know the story behind it all and how it ended up on the other side of the world...and made it back! Sent the envelope back with his parts so he could have a story to tell.:)

I ordered a valve spring for my 455 from Rock Auto once. It started off in Texas, travelled east to Florida, up through the states to Ontario, and then back across to Alberta. Took forever, and I paid a pretty penny for that shipping!

I ordered a valve spring for my 455 from Rock Auto once. It started off in Texas, travelled east to Florida, up through the states to Ontario, and then back across to Alberta. Took forever, and I paid a pretty penny for that shipping!

That's why I'd started using Jegs almost exclusively... they're fast (at least here in Central Tejas) & shipping's free... a great combo IMO!

BoB

That's like here if you send your next door neighbor a letter, it goes to the post office then all the way to Tulsa 170 miles away then back to get delivered. :confused:

the carb i bought 2 weeks ago isnt around
but the tires i bought yesterday will be here tomorrow

I was trying to use my debit card in the grocery store and they were having issues with the satellite link up. My bank was in the same parking lot, right out the window 100 feet away and yet the info has to go into outer space and get beamed back to earth. amusing

How many years have ya been hearing about this so called "paperless environment" Saying that computers and technology would all but wipe it out....has anybody noticed that happening yet???:D

I ship almost every day. We shipped 2 coolers of water samples overnight to an analytical laboratory in South Carolina from New Mexico. We do this almost on a daily basis. The sample need to be there overnight because they are iced and must be cold when they are received or they are out of compliance. These 2 didn't arrive for 5 days because they had to through Customs from New Mexico.

Latest posts

Back