Packard Chop top

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey 8's have you ever thought about going with an unusual hood ornament? Or you just gonna keep the SMOOOOTH look? Love it by the way.

I'm not sure what I want I've been thinking about louvering the hood but I do like the 52 packard hood ornament the wings look like knife blades and unlike other years they are swept back also it would be an easy bolt on.

Attachments

• pack52-1.jpg
    pack52-1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 421.jpg
    421.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 17
I won a trophy for best dressed car

Attachments

• cars1.jpg
    cars1.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 92
  • cars8.jpg
    cars8.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 93
  • cars9.jpg
    cars9.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 79
  • cars10.jpg
    cars10.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 76
I love this car & the fact that you're keeping us up to date on its progress even after it's 'finished'.

Thanks!
-Chaz

This is a really cool build. you did a great job on it! Gotta know, where did you get the eyes for the window? I have been wanting to do that for my RV cause it looks like it was in "Cars".

Congrats on the trophy too!

hey if you decide to louver the hood and dont have any one near by to do them let me know i do them cheap..... sorry for the shameless self promotion lol

hey if you decide to louver the hood and dont have any one near by to do them let me know i do them cheap..... sorry for the shameless self promotion lol

Thanks for the offer I know theres a guy in Flint who does them for $1.50 a punch and a guy in Southfield who does them for $1.00 a punch. Flint is about 40 miles away and Southfield is about 100 miles away but I think it's more of a value to go to Southfield because that extra 50 cents adds up quick.

thats cool, i do em for .75 cents ea. for all under 100 and .50 cents each for any over a hundred for future reference lol

You got some really great prices but that's a long drive to get to your shop. Maybe I should invest in a press and start louvering seeing that I'm having trouble finding someone close I'm sure I'm not the only one around here looking for someone. How much does one of those setups cost?

This is a really cool build. you did a great job on it! Gotta know, where did you get the eyes for the window? I have been wanting to do that for my RV cause it looks like it was in "Cars".

Congrats on the trophy too!

I made the eyes with poster board, spray paint, and the round eye parts I made on the computer and printed it twice to make 2.

for good set up around 2 k i got a low buck tools one and didnt like the way they looked so i modified mine, if had to re do it i would have just made my own dies and machine

love the picts Dennis! what show was that at? I was down in Florida this past weekend at the Billetproof Drags, Ocala Rats & Rods Show & the Daytona Beach Dream Cruise and I saw a Packard at Ocala but my camera was dead and didn't get a chance to get a pict but it made me think of your car

Latest posts

Back