painting chrome

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you are in California, you should be aware of the following;
27156(b) CVC - vehicles not equipted with devices or devices have been disconnected or modified.
27157.5 CVC - vehicle emission standards: 1955 through 1965

What this means is you must have a closed crankcase ventilation system with a pcv valve. No emission can escape, which leaves out breathers or breather caps.

Just something to consider....

thanks guys, i'll throw up some pics when i get them on this weekend.

27156(b) CVC - vehicles not equipted with devices or devices have been disconnected or modified.

What this means is you must have a closed crankcase ventilation system with a pcv valve. No emission can escape, which leaves out breathers or breather caps.

i agree that some of this stuff needs to be adhered to but to be honest I couldn't say that I would be altering a pvc system. Yes, i am removing it, but the previous owner put it there, probably because he installed valve covers with an option for them. Every set of valve covers i see for this range year do not have them also, plus, i don't even know if i have the stock motor. I don't think any cops are going to hassle me over that anyways. I think my open headers are a bigger worry. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Hey Joe, have you thought about powder coating?
It actually will last longer and does look good after you get them home.
And your rattle can job will work until it does dry completely and starts to flake.
But that would about a year down the road.

Sounds like a good idea if i find some vavle covers i like. I don't actually care for these and will change them out in the next six months or so. I was just tired of the chrome.

Just something to consider....

Party Pooper :D

Just thought I'd jump in and give my opinion. They look good to me. In fact I'm holdin up a FROSTY BEVERAGE to ya right now. ...........RUSTY

Latest posts

Back