painting

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick3095

Looking to paint my truck but dont want to look new like to rough look so I think Latex flat black and sand off in spots

Latex will come off in the rain I think. I'd go for the cheap tractor enamel. It's around $40 a gallon from TSC or similar farm store. I got a gallon of JD Blitz black from the dealer for $37.

Enamel, not latex. Unless you are painting a barn.

But why paint it if you are going to sand it off? Just a waste of money there IMO. If you want to paint it then paint it, if not then don't. Just don't fake it...

I would suggest oil base for a barn.

Latex on steel won't adhere well and will peel off while driving from bug and rock hits. It would probably look like the car started to burn up re-entering the atmosphere - that might be a cool effect?

painting with Latex

they make Latex to paint steel and if it prime it still well seem to be more and more people buying it to paint there cars and trucks but I have to agree that it not the best so I still thinking I painted the hood and it look good but then again it I use the right one it will be done here in calif most paint is water base now so there not a lot of oil base left

But why paint it if you are going to sand it off? Just a waste of money there IMO. If you want to paint it then paint it, if not then don't. Just don't fake it...

I was thinking it look some what like a barn

I would suggest oil base for a barn.

Latex on steel won't adhere well and will peel off while driving from bug and rock hits. It would probably look like the car started to burn up re-entering the atmosphere - that might be a cool effect?

your all right poor boy trying to get a rat look for less lol

Latest posts

Back