parking lot encounter!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev Tex Devlle

He's workin' 4 da Lord, in a '46 Ford!
:)So today i had to go to the store to get tp.. cause you know aint nobody happy if there aint no TP!!!!when i was coming out this tall lanky kid wide eyed walks up to me!! He says , man is that your car, (my53 Chevy).. i said yeah , he continues !:'" man thats the coolest car i have ever seen". I tell him thanks, we talk about it i show him under the hood! and he says man that engine looks like it came out of a log truck! (292 inline 6 with a 4barrell) thought that was funny,,, then he says, "sir hope you dont think i am strange but would you take me for a ride around the block,,, And me well i said yeah,,, we pull out on the road by the police department,!!and i light em up!! the posi is doin the deal!!! we go down the road , turn it around and hit again!!!,, well back in the parkin lot he gets out, and says . is it for sell i told him yeah,,, of coarse its too much money,,, this kid maybe 16-17 years old,, THen he says i want something like this!to his grandpa,,,then he ask for my number and want to come to the house to check out my other cars and trucks!!! He was so excited!!!! Did my ole heart good,, to be able to encourage a younger generation to be a rat hot rodder instead of the fast and furious easter egg colored tail fin wing ricer burner!!!:D

Rev, I just got to thinkin, since his life has changed as he knows it (graduate high school, go to college, get a job with a large well known firm, marry a beautiful woman, have 2 1/2 kids and a dog) :)

To a life in the shop bending brake, fuel and ? tubing, straightening sheetmetal, huntin for that allusive part to finish a vehicle, that half the world don't even understand , havin a helluva time gettin it registered, insured and havin to drive that thing everyday to work, shows, his buddies house to help him get goin so he can be with the group of misfits that we are, just so he can go out of this world kickin, screamin, broken and scratched beyond recognition, hollerin and yellin;
Wow, what a ride [cl
Are we even remotely responsible for the fork in the road [S
Then it hit me, Hell no, it was his choice to make and everyone knows we don't have a responsible bone in our bodies, if you don't believe me just ask them [ddd
God, I love this hobby and being able to save a life destined for a boring ending :D

That's too cool! I have taken many people for ride in the 47. At shows I love the looks I get from the other owners, when I let kids and even some adults climb in and get their picture taken. It gives the kids a thrill, and maybe heads them in the right direction.

That's cool REV, I have had tons of parking lot talks because someone liked my 49 f-6 and they realy flip out when I let them sit in it to take a pic.

I know it was said....but..

I'll say it again....."this is what it's all about" Car shows and such are great but putting the kid behind the wheel or in the car on a ride is the clincher....it's what we (as the mentor's so to speak) are supposed to do..inspire!!!....Great Job Rev and GJM.....keep the fires burnin!![cl We should all follow suit....

Latest posts

Back