Parting out Ram 1500, what to save

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmlcolorado

Not sure this is the best location for this thread, but it's not a build, or talking any specific portion of a build, so here it goes.

Got my hands on a 4x2 1999 Dodge Ram 1500, crew cab short bed that is powered with a 3.9 L Cummins 4BT swap backed by 47RE 4 speed overdrive trans.
The truck was purchased specificlly for the engine and trans which will be going into the rat rod.
EVERYTHING on the truck works, and works well including cruise control, AC, power windows and locks ect.
The 47RE is electroniclly controled, but I will be doing a full manual valve body. However, the 4BT guys like these trans, so was thinking of pulling the wiring harness from the truck to sell off.
I think I want to save the rear axle as its a little beefier then the axle in the rat now, which is from a C10. Plus the gearing is right in the truck sporting 1800 RPM at 65MPH which is perfect for this engine.

So, what else should I save? The rest of the truck will be parted out.

Last edited:
I would put it on Craigslist and say you are parting it out. EVERYTHING on that truck will sale. They rot out so quick that rust free panels become worth decent money quickly.

Latest posts

Back