Parts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old man dave

Has anyone ever used rockauto.com? The parts all seem to be name brand with a great selection and great price.

Every report I have seen on any forum is positive. People say the prices and inventory is really good and so is the shipping. I don't think I have used them that I can remember, but I get emails from them from time to time, so maybe we did sometime in the past.

Don

Thanks for the replies. I only heard of them last week on some hot rod TV show. $4 for a wheel cylinder rebuild kit is a lot better than $90 for a wheel cylinder at NAPA.

I also met these guys who sell stickers and such papaspeedshop.com. Neat stuff if you are into that kind of thing.

I use them all the time for older stuff that you usually have to order anyway. On late model stuff I always check OReillys and Advance first, then compare prices with shipping. I like how they have different quality parts at different prices, if you want cheap, they got it, if you want the best, they got that too.

I've used Rock Auto many times over the years and have had no issues with anything. That's one of the first places I check for parts when needed...Yes I do check the local places and compare the prices with shipping, but more often then not, I use Rock Auto even if they are a few cents higher (but not a lot higher...I'm a cheap old fart), because of the good service I've always had

Very good place for parts. I just had to send a cat convertor back because the flange was clocked wrong. No big deal. Printed out a return FedEx label and got credit within three days. I go thru and look at the older muscle car parts sometimes. It's amazing the parts still available.

I'm with ya on the parts for muscle cars. The stuff to finish my 62 is about half price compared to the Impala only sites.

Yep, I'll chime in with more positive feedback.:cool:

Needed new struts, mounts and shocks for my daily driver last year... KYB's through Rock Auto were less than 2/3 the price of the identical parts at my local NAPA... This was including the shipping from rockauto, AND considering my NAPA price included "trade discount."

I'll use 'em again. In a red-hot minute.:D

Regards,
Shea:)

OK parts... but the shipping is way too high. I'm 90 miles from them... Two oil filters, a valve cover gasket and a t-stat was $18.00...plus $24.00 shipping...geez.

I had a $25.00 gift certificate so i didn't lose any $$$ but I'll buy local thank you....

Latest posts

Back