Pete & Jakes Tie-rod measurement help?????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpmachado

Can anyone tell me how far behind the axle a standard set of Pete & Jakes steering arms places the tierod? I'd appreciate the drag link measurement as well if it's no big deal.

Please just specifiy if it's from the centerline or from the back face of the axle.

Thanks
JP

I'm headed out but I really appreciate this. I'll get the measuements when I return.

Thank you
JP

From centerline of axle to centerline of tie rod is 5 and 9/16". I can measure it from anywhere you want. What drag link measurement do you want? Distance from axle at steering arm? Mine is cross steer.

From centerline of axle to centerline of tie rod is 5 and 9/16". I can measure it from anywhere you want. What drag link measurement do you want? Distance from axle at steering arm? Mine is cross steer.

THANK YOU!

It would be great to get a matching measurement for the drag link. Also, would you mind turning it lock to lock and seeing how much closer the drag link gets when it's fully turned? I, too, am setting up a cross steer, and I'm trying to figure out if I will have to run the tie rod in front of the axle as I may be too close to some axle brackets I made.

Thank you,
JP

Latest posts

Back