Pics of the 46 International

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gas, the fenders are not done yet, i have to in on the back side and build a brace for them, they will come out just flush with the outside of the tire..will that be ok? or do i need to get them inside some??

That' fine. I was just curious because I was comparing the front to the rear in your pics. Truck looks good. I like it.

looking great banjo, i must have missed it but i can't seem to find in the thread where you said what your donor car was?

Banjoman,
That is lookin cool.
Let me know if you get ready to do any suspension mods. Everything I do is cheap and easy, especially if you have learned on this project soo far.

Very cool build....

Keep the pics commin.

Joe, i moved everything over to a 1972 chevy pickup frame with a 350, auto trans, ps,pb, a/c and didnt have to do that much to the new frame, cut about 9 inches from the front and 7 from the back, will get some updated pics this weekend.

New Tailights in the 46 international

My first try at frenching tailights...it a lot harder than it looks on t.v. thats for sure...oh got the tailgate done too.

Attachments

• international 007.jpg
    international 007.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 45
  • international 008.jpg
    international 008.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 53
  • international 009.jpg
    international 009.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 47
  • international 011.jpg
    international 011.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 68
  • international 012.jpg
    international 012.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 75
Tail lights look great. Now for the other side. Good job for a mr. "aw shucks, I never picked up a welder before", Shoot man, you are a natural.

thank all of you for the upbeat words..and the help..i have been working on this thing for 2-3 hours a day 7 days a week for the last couple weeks and im having a blast.. i figured out that if you screw it up get the welder or the cutting torch and fix it..lol. Captain what are you talking about for the front tires?? will it move them in any ???and does it cost alot??

Rear Bumper Help

Ive got almost everything done on the bed i just need some ideas for a rear bumper....or do i even need one????

Really good work Banjoman. The tail lights look good. As for a rear bumper, many, many trucks just run without one. I think they look good with a factory style thin bumber or none at all.

I think the Captain was just suggesting that you tuck the front wheels in a little bit inside the fenderwells.

That has been mentioned but in the pics the fenders are tucked in a little when i get done with the bracing the tires will be flush with the fenders, if there is a cheap way of tucking them in i sure dont have a problem with that, i think it might look a little better...

Hey Captain, if you look at post #25 at the back of the truck, under the tail gate, the fenders hang down 6 inches on the inside and i was thinking of making a pan to bolt to each side of the fenders and that would close up the back end so you cant see the rear end and give it a more finished look...am i thinking in the right direction??

I built a roll pan on mine, I see what you mean about the fenders. I kind of like the fender hanging down, but you could box the side in, and roll the back. ( I don't know where you are on the front tire situation, but a different wheel offset may help. If you don't rub in the front you could space the back to match, or you could just ship me the truck, and end the delima once and for all.)

Bonehead, Let me get it running and ill bring it to ya..........NOT
I have to tell you guys, for the last couple years i have watches hours and hours of chip foose, jesse james, pimp my ride and all that other crap on T.V. and said to my self........self......if you ever get a car or truck to do, i want to try some of things, and i have to tell ya im having a blast, this is more work and more fun that i could imagine......and being able to ask questions on here and get a no bulls*** answer is the best, thanks to all of you who have helped me ..............im not done yet so ill need more help. Bill

Thank you Flat, i look forward to what people say on here, it kinda gets me pumped to go work on it more,,,

Last edited:
I thought I would mention the frenching options you have chosen. Normally you see the contour of the fender in tact. And the tubes cut off flush with the fender sheet metal. The tail lights would be in the fender. Usually if you see a tube that comes out it is molded in with body putty and had a thicker edge.
Now don't think I don't like what you have done, I just thought I should point this stuff out in case you were not aware of these other options. I have always frenched with the tube down into the work, and cut off the tube flush with the sheet metal. Yours reminds me of old Caddy tail lights, so that is cool too.

Bonehead, i think the pics are not clear enough, the lights are in the fenders i was just showing before and after pics, sorry to confuse you. I cut the tubes off flush with the fenders and sanded the edges, to round them off with the tubes. sorry to confuse you

Latest posts

Back