Pinks All Out survey.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it first came on tv, I liked it because they wasnt arguing like on the regular pinks. It has now turned into a side show with Rich talking to the crowd while doing the arm drop :rolleyes: and all the other idots running around and talking/screaming into the camera. I hardly ever watch it anymore. Its basicaly an index class (heads up with a breakout), they just pick what the et will be and arm drop start instead of using a pro tree.
Tim

Yep, kinda like that Bob. Personally, I always loved sleepers. So much fun to blow the doors off of some bad looking car with one that looks like Grandma drove it to church last Sunday. :D

When I married my ex she owned a 68 Mustang that came with a 289/C4. She bought it brand new off the trailer. A few years later I swapped in a Gapp and Roush prepped 351 Cleveland, top loader 4 speed and Nodular 9 inch with 4:88's. It changed the car a little.:rolleyes: But I kept the outside bone stock right to the dog dish caps and vinyl top.

One day I was running an errand on my lunch hour and there was a guy hitchiking so I stopped and gave him a lift. (that was when you could still trust people) As we came off an on ramp onto a four lane there was a Chevelle and some other car lined up ready to race. They took off and I was behind the Chevelle, pushing him out of the way almost. He finally moved over and I blew by both cars. I looked over and there was the hitchiker holding on to the dashboard and saying "WHAT THE H*** IS IN THIS THING?":eek: Had a lot of fun in that car.:D:D

Don

I agree! Ive built a couple of sleepers. I love that stock look. There isnt anything better than pullin up to a light and watching these young guys get all excited thinking they can take you.

I actually had a guy follow me once to ask what I had done to the car

I looked over and there was the hitchiker holding on to the dashboard and saying "WHAT THE H*** IS IN THIS THING?":eek: Had a lot of fun in that car.:D:D

Don

A fast car along with the sensation that any car is twice as fast from the passenger seat.

I like to drive fast cars, but I really don't care for riding shotgun in one.

I've told this story before, but at my age I tend to repeat myself a lot. :eek: It was probably the best street race I ever saw.

It was about 1965 and one of the fastest cars running around our area were the 396/425 HP vettes. They were killers. One Saturday night we were at our favorite race spot on Rt 51 near Pittsburgh. Every Saturday night was like the Nationals and it took the State Police a long time to get from their barracks many miles away to the race site, so we could race for hours on this 4 lane stretch of road. Guys would bring dates, and the gas station there was the pit area.

Like I said, the 425 HP Vettes were running strong that night, but in came a white 65 Impala hardtop that had fender skirts, whitewalls, stock Chevy tribar hubcaps, and dummy Appleton spotlights. The only badges were some 396 flags on the front fender. Somehow the owner of the Impala made a deal to race one of the Vettes and $ 100 was put up on both sides.

Once the money came out the trunk on the Impala was opened and two M&H Dragster slicks came out........not cheater slicks, FULL BORE DRAGSTER SLICKS.:eek: Off came the fender skirts, a floor jack showed up and the slicks went on. In the meantime one of the Impala guys was underneath uncorking some headers. When they fired it up and did a couple of dry hops on the way to the start line the car was nothing like I had seen to that time. It was like an altered or something, very animated.

The Vette and the Impala lined up and the Impala went through all 4 gears in a heartbeat. (We later heard 5:13 gears.) He blew the Vette off BAD! Back in the pits the Vette guy wants to fight because he feels he didn't get a fair shake somehow, so they agree to line up again for another $ 100. This time the Impala whoops him worse.:D Finally, the Impala comes into the gas station and a crowd swarms the car. Off come the slicks, the headers get corked, the fender skirts go back on, and for the first time they pop the hood. On the 396 valve covers was a little sticker that read "Built by Bill Thomas Race Cars.":eek:

The Impala drove off into the night, $ 200 richer. We never saw it again, but that was almost 45 years ago and I can still see it in my mind. :D

Love them sleepers.

Don

This was funny too..

When work was slow I used to work for a guy who bought and sold muscle cars..HIGH dollar ones and low dollar ones.He buys 3 mustangs,one was a 1967 I believe with Paxton Supercharger on it.We head down to a large auction with all the cars and we go inside.Well standing next to me is Carroll Shelby and he was the COOOLLLEST guy to talk to...a bunch of us behind the auction sat and BSed for about 3 hours.Well guys had him signing there cars and he would turn and laugh.."Ya know that aint going to stay on there" and he would laugh.Well the 67 doesnt sell so off we go back home.Now I am driving the Mustang and this little car does nothing but FLY..!!We pull up to a light and looky looky,2 little dreamers in a new 5.0 and thinking there bad azz,time for some fun.!!! I drop it in gear and the punk says.." Wanna try and beat me..? " OH hell yes..please tell he just said that..!! OH..well I guess I say.Light turns green and I am fricking GONE in a flash..!! All I can see is this kids jaw dropping...and I am laughing so hard I am crying tears.We hit the next light.." OH man,you got a lucky jump on me.." Oh,ok..Wanna try it again..? YEAH the kid says...I will give ya 2 cars I said..kid doesnt know what 2 cars means...I tell him how it works.."OH GREAT " he says..I let him leave and I drop the hammer...Supercharger kicks in I went by him so fast I think I peeled his paint off..."What the hell is in the thing..?!?!?? " OH..a 302...and laugh as I drive off....:D

if ya ask me i like the cars on pinks all out but the hole show isnt all out its all set up to where any one can win too polliticaly corect if ya ask me and thats just if ya ask

Latest posts

Back