Plas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Left the acetylene on and it was empty, went and got an exchange, $64, youch!!! Was into the city and stopped by a welding shop (which is like THE candy story for me) I sure do want one of those Hypertherm s but dang they are pricey. $1700 and up for all but the tiniest one.

I've saved more than that over the years just in oxy and acetylene as much as I use mine.
I bought a Hypertherm 600 13 years ago and have had zero problems with it.
The small units are pretty powerful so don't underestimate them.
Ask for a demo on the thickest material it will cut that way, you can see for yourself.

X2^^^^^ on the torches
Buy as big of a amperage unit as you can afford. 40 to 60 amp is plenty for most people.

I've got one. I wanted a plasma and was never going to afford a good one so a few years ago I lowball bid on these until I finally won one. I think I paid $170 with shipping. I've only used it as a plasma cutter but I've used it quite a few times. It works OK up to 1/4" but it's a little cheesy. The box in this ad is the same as mine but the torch looks to be better quality. On mine the trigger is a little snap switch that is wire tied to the handle.

What more can I say it cuts metal and I would buy it again for the right price.

I have an older Hypertherm 1000. It's great up to about 3/8 or 1/2. It's rated for 1 inch and it will cut up to that thick but you have to travel real slow and it you aren't cutting all the way through and it blow back at you it can mess up the torch really quick. at work we have a newer 600 and it seems to be a better machine.

I've got one. I wanted a plasma and was never going to afford a good one so a few years ago I lowball bid on these until I finally won one. I think I paid $170 with shipping. I've only used it as a plasma cutter but I've used it quite a few times. It works OK up to 1/4" but it's a little cheesy. The box in this ad is the same as mine but the torch looks to be better quality. On mine the trigger is a little snap switch that is wire tied to the handle.

Thank you, good Sir. I'm in the same boat. If the other parts work, its gravy.

I just bought a viper cut. Works like a charm. Just a 30 amper and it cuts through 1/4 like butter. I think i payed 480. Great product.

Horrible pic, but you get the idea

Yes, my local a-l gas store is a dealer. I bought a box of consumables for 40 bucks when i bought it. Ill get a part number for ya in a bit

You probably know this. From here on you only need to buy the tips and electrodes in stead of the kit.
The retaining cap will only need replaced if you burn it up :D

OK, hold the phone. I think mine just bit the dust. I've used it a lot lately and when cutting out the floor and existing bracing I may have exceeded the duty cycle. The red overload light came on and it stopped working. Although I found a number of other owners on-line asking for help with the same issue I didn't find any answers. I'm thinking it's a throw away.

Latest posts

Back