please help ID this bed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnrodder

Hey guys
this is a trailer I picked up at an auction and i am going to use it for my truck,but am having a tough time deciding what it really is.Im pretty sure the axle and artillery wheels are late 30s chevy. But the fenders have been welded on and trimmed off at the bottom. i cant find any pics of trucks with the square top rail. Any ideas? 100_1021 (Medium).jpg

100_1022 (Medium).jpg

100_1023 (Medium).jpg

100_1026 (Medium).jpg

Hey 24
the center caps are chevrolet,wheels are 6 lug 15 inch. the axle looks just like one I saw in an all orig. 37 chevy pickup. the drums are really flat on the outer edge with maybe 3 or 4 grooves. they have welded the spindles to the axle but i think i can salvage it for a future project.my Dad has a 60 ranchero and the word gasser keeps coming up. thanks

Thanks for all the input guys. I am pretty sure the bed and fenders are from different vehicles, the fenders have bolt holes but were welded to the bedsidesand you can tell the fenders have lived a rougher life than everything else. I thought about homemade but have since disasembled everything and it had factory looking rivets in places and the bolt holes appear to be punched not drilled. In the latest issue of the Goodguys mag there is a pic of a rat truck from the rear that has the same bedrails, but doesnt mention make or model. thanks again for the ideas

Yea, when i bought the trailer i didnt know an artillery wheel from an army tank,but after doing some research it seems the 17 inch are pretty common but the 15s in good shape(these are)are kinda rare.I am kind of a packratand dont get rid of much,but these may have to goto help buy a front axle. By the way, the trailer was 60 bucks! I just love a good bargain!

Latest posts

Back