Possible move to PA, got some questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighroder

Ok so I'm gunna be graduating tech school here in about a week and a half Id really like to go back to Michigan but many people from Michigan know how it is to try to find a job there :/

I have a job offer in Carlisle, Pa. Is anyone from there? Whats it like? small or big town? How is the cost of living (1 bedroom apt run)?

Some more on topic subjects are are the laws for cars there more strict? Emissions? Can I build a full out custom car will it be a problem to try to register it? Is there a helmet law for motorcycles?

Gun laws; is it legal to carry a sidearm with a permit? does my cpl transfer over from Michigan to PA?

Sorry if this is alot of questions but I'm so busy with classes and getting ready to move I don't have time to look this stuff up so if you can answer any of these the info is greatly appreciated thanks zeth

Ok im from Pa. Carlisle is a medium size town and has some real good shows there.

As for gun you need a permit to care and they will do there own check. take about 7=10 days

if you rode more then one year you do not need a helmet to ride.

As for cars there pretty open but they want there money and will make you go thorough an enhanced inspection to make sure the car is safe an d that you paid tax on all the part you bought. so keep the receipts. and make sure you have title.

I hope I answered some

Ok im from Pa. Carlisle is a medium size town and has some real good shows there.

As for gun you need a permit to care and they will do there own check. take about 7=10 days

if you rode more then one year you do not need a helmet to ride.

As for cars there pretty open but they want there money and will make you go thorough an enhanced inspection to make sure the car is safe an d that you paid tax on all the part you bought. so keep the receipts. and make sure you have title.

I hope I answered some

As far as titles can you request for an assembled title? I'm hoping to do a cab build if I can get settled into a steady job basically build the frame and body, I know in michigan you can build it all and register it fairly easy even without starting with a title

living in PA.

I lived in PA. from '77-'94. PA. has strict inspection on vehicles, all lights have to work properly, tires must have sufficient tread, no scalloping or uneven wear pattern, no holes in the body larger than a dime, no exhaust leaks, no cracked windows, there is emmision testing,brakes and front end parts must all be in good condition. On the plus side, Carlisle has one of the best swap meet/car shows twice a year or more. You've already been told on the helmet laws, but I prefer wearing one, I may be hard headed, but my helmet saved me twice so far, 17 must be my lucky number , cause twice I've had 17 staples in my scalp to hold it closed.If the job offer is something you'll enjoy and make a good living at , why not try it out, ya can't swim if ya don't jump in the water. Good luck on your decision, and you'll also be glad you bettered your education. Mike/Madbalrog, 10th grade drop out w/a GED

I've heard they are pretty strict about vehicle laws, but as far as moving away its a last resort type thing I'm only 21 but I have the rest of my life to figure out where I'll end up permanently for now Id really like to live somewhat close to where I grew up so I can spend some time with my old grandpa and the rest of the family I haven't seen them in a year and my grandpa is getting older so the moving out iud state is if I flat out can't find a job back home, I'm just scouting what other state I might fit in, if I end up moving out of state I dont see myself moving back to the mitten, theres just nothing going on

as a truck driver I hate to see a good tech leave the state, since where we take our trucks is pathetic to say the least. I dont know if you heard but the helmet law is going by by in michigan. but I will still be wearing mine. ( my wife and ex wife both have champagne tastes):eek:

I'm really hoping for michigan cat or cummins to call me but I've been holding my breathe a long time now lol
I haven't been in the state for a year now but I believe choice is the way to go helmets, and seat belts for that matter..I'll probably still wear mine on long rides too

Latest posts

Back