Postal Jeep (Call of Duty)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman

My 1976 Postal Jeep (Call of Duty) is getting a military make over. However it is hard for me to stay in the boundaries of what a Military Jeep should look like. I built some weird brackets for the fold down windshield. They are starting to make sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyoWc3yVjA

Attachments

• brace 001.jpg
    brace 001.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 110
  • brace 002.jpg
    brace 002.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 94
  • brace 004.jpg
    brace 004.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 104
Did you build that windshield frame, or if not, what's it out of? I'm looking to do pretty much the same thing with my M38a1 build. It came with a RUSTY CJ frame and a BENT UP and rusty (unusabley bent up - looks like Sasquatch got a hold of it!) factory M38a1 frame. The CJ frame came with complete glass and two 12 volt wiper motors.

Are you sure those will be strong enough to hold that windshield in place? :D:D

I thought the same thing when I saw them... My wife always makes fun of me for "overbuilding" stuff. She calls it "Abbotting". When a tornado hits our house and the original part of the house blows away and all that's left standing is the addition I built, I'll have the last laugh...

By the way, you do know that the factory setup is one larger footman loop on the hood and a smaller one on the windshield frame with a leather strap (think dog collar) tieing them together.... and machine screws holding it all to the sheet metal!

it never seems like i over build things till i get them into the public and then i see that my way is way more then i needed ... almost every time .. but mine will out last everyone else

"over built, just how I like it!"

Oh yeah! I'm with DR. I like a little excitement, but not the kind you get as you wonder if it will hold together.:eek:

gold03

Latest posts

Back