Power Tour Was In Town

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanechange70

Today I saw 400+ cars, plenty of chevys(cams,chevelles,classic trucks), 50+'stangs,50 or so '40's n '50's,about 50 '30's but only about 10 rat rods

Power tour rats!

Today I saw 400+ cars, plenty of chevys(cams,chevelles,classic trucks), 50+'stangs,50 or so '40's n '50's,about 50 '30's but only about 10 rat rods

Who in their right mind would be crazy enough to drive some ratty old pile of rusted up junk on power tour... er... besides me?!?!?! Gonna have to make it in my truck next year after I get the barbed wire all tightened up!

BoB

I drive wrecker, so I drove down the route all day.Gastrick No, grabbed camera this morn(but never checked battery)One group was just 70-73 camaro's 6 of them5 Z's(all caged)1 YSC all original by looks. A 58ish Pont wagon faded yellow,a rotted 32 Ford,flat black68ish swb chev c10,mid 30's ford truck.Tripper, I can't afford a new car every year,let alone a drivetrain every year sooo... I build to have it my way(different from the norm). Tommorrow I'm goin to try getting sum shots of them goin to the drag strip for the fun run same route(4 miles worth backwards)

This mornin I only saw about 150-175 from the hotels to the strip. Some left last nite for Springfield, some left this morning others went to the Grove this mornin for the fun runs. And the rest went home. I talked to some today at one of the motels, the one farmrod I saw, checked it out, $6500 in the motor $1300 for 4L60E $1200 in the 9in. and $6000 on a set of rims n tires. Now get this part $1300 for a flat black paint job. The guy built it for show more than to drive

i

262 cans of spray paint!

Now get this part $1300 for a flat black paint job.
i

Lanechange,
Let's see, I bought a can of flat black primer for my car this weekend that cost $4.95. Guess it took 262 rattle cans to paint that car! :D :D :D I sure could have saved him some money.

BD

The guy paid someone to put his truck together, I don't think he put more than an hour of time on the truck(at the counter of DMV) the gallon of paint was over $100 alone then the flattener,the clear,reducer.hardener and supplies plus someone to prep and paint it(I've seen 1/4 panels painted for about the same)

i don't know about you guys but i love guys like that! everytime my wife balks at a $200 tool i point at one of those guys and I say "Well, I guess I could pay someone else $400 to do it on this one car, and again on the next....." :D

I agree. Mines the sameway, she even allows me to go to the shows on the weekends,but, I must take the son(future rodder)family thing

Hey Lance thanks for the call the other day. I was totally planning on going but I forgot...:eek: We should get together some time I can check out that 28;) '

Must of rained.

Attachments

• wet.jpg
    wet.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back