Progress pictures

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the front fenders are cool, i have been knocking the idea for front fenders in mine as well.

Pablo

Yeah, they aren't mounted yet, I just wanted to see what they looked like. Now I have to make a decision on front wheels and tire size before I actaully mount the fenders. I'm thinking about a 185 75 15 will be about right for the fenders to fit. Maybe a 205 60 16.
I have enough stuff to build another set of these but any motorcycle fender or even some light trailer fenders (you can find them in aluminum)

I think it might be the camera angle. I did quite a bit of work on that and remounted the body to get the front a little lower, plus it all comes down some with the engine in it. I couldn't go any lower with the cowl and not have the hood running uphill to the radiator.

I went out and laid a level on the tub and the back is a good 2" highrt than the bottom of the windshield. I also leaid the level where the hood will be and it is about level, slightly lower at the grill. The radiator is about 1/8" off the cross member and the shell is all but touching the radiator. I am pretty nuch out of room other than raising the body, to change the hood angle. The back of the hood will be about 5/8" higher when I get it all mounted. That will flush it up with the cowl lip.

Latest posts

Back