Project 47 REO

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ReoFront1.jpg

Don't listen to those guys!! Just stick with the see through adjustable frame you have here and it will be killer! noone else has one![cl

Oh, nice build by the way. I am liking the cab choice!

No real progress but I pulled all the "junk" off of the firewall and removed more paint....WHAT A PAIN!

SANY1551.jpg

SANY1550.jpg

SANY1549.jpg

And what do you guys think...keep or loose the "side vents"??
SANY1554.jpg

And the heater is damn cool[S After removing 10 lbs of dirt and tearing the motor apart soldering in some new wire she works like new...not bad for a 1947[cl
SANY1556.jpg

End of update:D

vents

l say keep the vents, they add an aspect to the truck very few have, kinda sets it apart from the rest of the crowd.

lookin' good so far, keep us updated:D

Later:cool:

The one thing I am worried about is ripping them off.. My motor while in the old car would MPH 122-125 in the 1/4... the REO will be lighter I am going to run a tighter converter and may throw a 150 shot of nitrous to it....so I am guessing it my hit 130+ or so in the 1/4.....and I know I will punch it one night forgetting them suckers are open and GONE!! But I do like the look of them:)

I got all the ext paint off...as you can see I lucked out and didnt find any more damage and no rust in the whole truck....gotta love AZ [cl

SANY1595.jpg

SANY1598.jpg

SANY1599.jpg

I got all the damage of the rocker fixed up nice..had to weld the seam but kinda like the look so now I am going to weld up all the seams..

SANY1600.jpg

SANY1601.jpg

Hope to start with the chop this weekend woot woot:D

Like has been said. "Leave the vents or reverse them". My reason is most other have the vent on top of the cowl in front of the windshield. I like something different and that indeed is!! I also like the bigger truck cabs. I know where there is a R-190 IH cab. HHmmmm???

I guess I am with the leave the vents or reverse them...I have a picture of a Diamond T with the vents reversed I can post if you would like..don't want to hijack your thread by posting a picture.

Thats going to be a killer truck..keep up the good work.

Ok I did the lay out on the chop here is a before pic and a Photo Shop of a 3 inch chop...what do you guys think?? 3 inch look good or do I need 4 inch???

Soon I will need the nerve to get out the saw:eek:

SANY1605.jpg

SANY1605copy.jpg

I say go 4 (at least) and keep it straight.
It's gonna be a drag truck, right?
You only need to see the tree & the win light!

Latest posts

Back