Project idea....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
You guys know me, tons of projects, and good tin just laying around waiting for me to get to it. Since I had back surgery, I have had trouble just keeping up with work, let alone a real project. I am in the middle of my son's 50 Willys 4X4 now, and it may take a while because I only work on it with him. And since he discovered girls, I am taking a back seat some.

But I think I have settled on a future project. (no I mean it this time).

1930 Chevy Truck cab, 2.5 ton axles, 4x4, on 52 inch rubber. It would combine my interest in rats, 4x4s and my Rock crawling interests as well.
30chevypickup.jpg

52tireinflames.jpg

I have a 460/C6 FI motor just waiting for the project.
Since the tires are dot, I could, therotically, make it street legal.:eek:

Last edited:
Oh heck yeah, would love to see that done.

Need to tell your son that the 50 willys will get him more girls than no ride. Especially since he will be able to take them places the little boys with cars cant go.

Sounds like a cool project BH. Love the tire beading pic!:eek:

Isn't life full of irony? When you're young you put cars aside to chase tail, when you've caught the tail, you want to put it aside to chase cars. No wonder dogs are mans best friend, we have so much in common!:D

I personally think that's just way too much work, and a 4x4/ratrod/rock crawler-are ya nuts!??? :eek:i think you should just ship that cab to me!!:D

I'm sorry if you didn't realize it that was supposed to be smothered in sarcasm--i think it would be AWESOME!! fire up the torch and get started!!

seriously what are you waiting for??..lite the fire!!:cool:

Very interesting idea here..
The one thing I know for sure is that it will be awesome.... :cool:
Does this mean the bus 4X4 is a no go for now... ??? :D '22

So have you started this yet? I am really going to like this one.

This one is a go. I am in the parts gathering stage now. I still have to finish my son's Willys Pu first. The idea is to go as low as I can, and still clear the 52's. A mild chop is in order as well. The Z in the frame will have to be huge.

Latest posts

Back