Project in the making

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

35DODGE

About six years ago, a guy that I work with came up to me and asked. If I was interested in buy a mid 30's Dodge truck, that his mother-in-law was selling. I had told him that I would look at. I was not expecting much for something 70 years old. When I went to look at it I found it to be in better shape then I expected. She had told me that she wanted $900.00 engine, frame, cab and bed. However if I wanted the cab and bed she would take $250.00. The frame I did not want because I knew right away how I wanted the truck to look. And the engine was a Chevy nothing against GM. I knew that this build was going to be a fender less truck with a Hemi.

The problem was I had no idea on how to go about the build. I didn't even own a welder at the time. So the truck set in me shed for a few years.

To be continued....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 82
when I was a kid I would spend my money at the local hobby store. It turned out lady that worked behind the counter was the same lady that I bought the cab and bed from. She always did like me so I think that helped when purchased the cab from her.

A fool and his money are soon parted?

I had made a deal with a local body man to work on my cab for me. He had suggested that I should get the cab acid dipped. Before he did any work to it. Sounded like a good idea to me at the time. Here are some before and after pictures.

Attachments

• DSC01174.JPG
    DSC01174.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01175.JPG
    DSC01175.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01256.JPG
    DSC01256.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01257.JPG
    DSC01257.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01258.JPG
    DSC01258.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 44
SRPMstreetrods.com sells all of the sheetmetal that has been cut off your pu, the lower revel on the bottom rear of the cab and other patch panels.

I thought my pu was a 35 dodge but after looking at yours i realized mine must be a 37 or 38.[S

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 14
I had made a deal with a local body man to work on my cab for me. He had suggested that I should get the cab acid dipped. Before he did any work to it. Sounded like a good idea to me at the time. Here are some before and after pictures.

OK now clear coat it and you are done with paint!!!

Latest posts

Back