Proportioning Valve??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAT IHC

So the brake booster/master cyl kit that I bought came with it's own proportioning valve. I didn't notice until today, but there are two out ports for the front brakes (disc/drum setup). Anyone know if I have to "use" both ports or can I just use the one for both front disc with a t-splitter?

Thanks for any input...I've never had to run two lines for front disc before so I'm a little stumped on this one.

-Troy

That's so you can run your lines from either side, plug the one you don't use! It should have two for the back too.

Toad

i have wondering about the same thing well almost, do u have to run a splitter like on a stock truck or can u just run a splitter off the master cylinder ?? im stumped as well.[S

That's so you can run your lines from either side, plug the one you don't use! It should have two for the back too.

Toad

One was on the top and one was on the bottom....there was only one port for the rear. I saw a similar one Summit's site and attached the PDF that was on their site.

i have wondering about the same thing well almost, do u have to run a splitter like on a stock truck or can u just run a splitter off the master cylinder ?? im stumped as well.[S

I suppose you can do it that way...maybe someone else has some input.

-Troy

Attachments

• valve.JPG
    valve.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 19
My MC had 3 ports(two on side one on top). The donor car I got it off of had a line running to each front wheel and one to the back. The two were tied together so for convience of not having to run three lines I capped the top one and ran one line and put a "T" down on the cross member.

Attachments

• motor8.jpg
    motor8.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for the input guys. I talked to Speedway Motors street rod tech and when I asked the question he didn't hesitate to say that I can just use one port and a splitter for the front brakes and plug the other hole on the proportioning valve.

Now all I need to do is find a plug! Anyone now where I can get one? It's a 3/8 - 24 IFF (inverted flare/female)

Thanks!
-Troy

Latest posts

Back