Pulling a motor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnightcaper

Not sure if this the right section. I'm going to be pulling a 53 flathead from a f100 hopefully tomorrow if I like what I see. My question is I don't know what size wrenches I will need. The tranny will stay just taking the motor. I've search the net with no luck. Any help or a link will be appreciated. Ty

Just guessing, 9/16" or 5/8". Might be larger, but I'd guess no smaller. I'd take a full set of sockets and wrenches from 3/8" up to 7/8" and you should be covered....

Take a half-inch-drive U-joint and quite a few extensions. Maybe an exhaust pipe cutting tool to save undoing the manifold to header pipe nuts. Some screwdrivers and pry-bars. A nine-sixteenths ratcheting box end wrench for the front motor-mounts.
Ah heck, take every thing but the kitchen sink.

tooo`s needed

If you have your own tools take all of them. Chances are quite a few bolts, nuts, and washers have been replaced over the yrs. Replaced with possible incorrect sizes. A good pair of wire cutters. Maybe a big pair of bolt cutters, batt cables. Box ends, open ends, sockets, breaker bar, ratchets, deep and reg depth sockets, screw drivers, straight bladed and plippes. Pliers, several pair of various sized vice grips. A couple cans for nut & bolts.

The most valued and most important tool will be the ones you forgot at home.

Latest posts

Back