R.I.P John Shoemaker

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fellas, thanks for the link. I don't know how I didn't know about John since I've been a fan of nostagia fuel cars for a while now. Been to Goodguys at Vegas and Indy and really loved it. What a loss, such an accomplished builder and racer.

He Won the Race, We Lost Him..........

Read somewhere else he was slumped at 1000 ft. and never let off, no chute nuthin, bummer.

It is sad to loose another well known person, but after the long term illness issues of Boyd & Lil John, this seems more like the way to go out.

He was slumped over the steering wheel at 1000 ft mark, car ran straight, full throttle till the end.
He won the race and went out in style.
And I don't believe anyone else was hurt.

I would rather it had not happened, but it did.... R.I.P. John...
'22

It is sad to loose another well known person, but after the long term illness issues of Boyd & Lil John, this seems more like the way to go out.

He was slumped over the steering wheel at 1000 ft mark, car ran straight, full throttle till the end.
He won the race and went out in style.
And I don't believe anyone else was hurt.

I would rather it had not happened, but it did.... R.I.P. John...
'22

Well said 22

If he passed out or had a heart attack hopefully he didn't feel it.
They airlifted him out and we thought he was hurt really bad since the wreck looked real nasty !! We were between the last stand and the swapmeet and when he crossed the throttle was pegged ,no chute nothing!

My condolences to the family and friends,

Martin

This news is never good news no matter who it it........

RIP & best wishes to his family

Ratty46

I looked at the article from the news paper
and the last person he saw was the woman
he loved and he left doing what he loved.

Latest posts

Back