Radiator Caps ID

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
I found 2 of each of these radiator caps in my stash of NOS parts.
I'm pretty sure this first one is a 34 Ford. That's what was marked on the box. I think it's Stainless. Price was marked $1.00.
What do you think?

002-1.jpg

003.jpg

008-2.jpg

Last edited:
#1 = 1934 Ford

#2 = 1933 Ford.

The caps you pictured may be aftermarket. I'm holding a 1934 cap in my hand right now and there are some differences visible on the bottom side. The oem 34 Ford cap I have is cast pot metal and is chrome plated.

Yes, the boxes they were in were just plain brown boxes. One had 34 Ford written with pencil on it. I agree not OEM, they are pretty light. Even 60+ year old Reproduction stuff isn't always the best. These were found in the stuff I got out of Texas and there's nothing in there for any post WWII cars.

These could probably be polished or paint to look pretty good. They will fit gas tanks too.

Engine bearings for Ford V8 flatheads, 216 Chevys, Plymouths, Olds, etc, timing gears, pistons, rings, wheel bearings, transmission bearings, points, condensers, starter and generator brushes, dimmer switches, 32 Ford floor starter switches, gaskets, piston pins, king pins, fuel pumps, brake cylinder kits, and tons of stuff I have no idea.

I found 2 of each of these radiator caps in my stash of NOS parts.
I'm pretty sure this first one is a 34 Ford. That's what was marked on the box. I think it's Stainless. Price was marked $1.00.
What do you think?

002-1.jpg

003.jpg

008-2.jpg

Hey dmw, it looks like you unearthed a gold mine over there in Texas. Would you be willing to let this one go? Would also be interested in one of those 32 Ford floor starter switches. Let me know...

[dr

Last edited:
Wow. Really cool! I have one of those piston ring compressors. I've used it on every engine that I've ever built and will probably use it till I'm done building.

wow! some very cool history there man.......
i don't know what i'd do if i found a stash like that--well i prob wouldn't have the money to buy it when the owner was ready to sell:rolleyes:

thanks for sharin those pics
HRP

Latest posts

Back