Radio

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put 1 in my truck but it will need more speakers to be usable on the highway! Straight pipes & no side windows make it a lil hard to hear at speed but use it around town!

BoB

When I built my 27 years ago I had a radio under the seat but it was useless going down the road due to wind and exhaust noise. I could only hear it at lights. When I rebuilt the car a few years ago I eliminated it, but I really wish I had one, especially on long trips. I end up having to sing to myself, and I only know a few songs. :eek:

My rpu will have one because my Son Dan tells me with the right speakers aimed at you you can hear it. My other Son Don has one in his T bucket and he says it works fine while driving, so I guess they can be made to work. The new hot setup seems to be Ipads or Itunes (whatever those are) so maybe that is what I will put in the new car.

Don

I am thinking that I am going to get a cheap CD player for mine. Just was curious what everyone else's thoughts were and if you could hear them or not when you are out for a cruise....

I think my mistake when I had the one in my 27 was too small of speakers. My Son Don has some 4 inchers under the dash, aimed right at him, so he can hear them. That seems to be the secret.

Don

Here's my sound system, all I ever need.
(but don't tell anyone, I do listen to Bob and Tom in my pickup)

headers001.jpg

I had an old AM/FM cassette I put in mine. I only listen to it during a local cruise sponsered by a radio station. Only time they play decent music.

Blue

Just like the old days....

Listen to the Radio while you set up the run at the local hamburger stand.....turn it down to drive to light....make the run.....stop at the next hamburger joint and discuss it or collect your cash.....play the tunes....never turned it off....just turned it down..... sorry....went into a flash back...can't imagine a ride without some tunes... :D

Have a CD player with I Pod jack. Nice to have on those 4+ hour trips and plan to do many more this year.
Tim

I think I am going to put one in the old Dodge, just got to figure out where I am going to put it. I don't want it to be seen, but I want to be able to hear it.....

I'm with willobilly on this one, I've got 8 "speakers" dumping right at the bottom of the cowl to listen to. A radio in my rpu with its current engine would be useless even at a idle.

What seats you have in it? if they are high back you could do speakers in the headrests...

I do, I wonder what that would cost to set up.

I only have a little I6 in mine, I don't think hearing it will be that big of a deal. It is fairly quiet as it is and I don't really plan on changing that too much. I want a header, but will put the super trap back on, I like the way that sounds so I hope the header doesn't change that too much.

Yep,

Fieros had them in the headrests, but I cant think of any others off hand...

Fiero's some corvettes....even some camaro's had them...but not many....back in the mid to late 70's....is a thought.....don't remember them sounding all that good though....but you'd hear it over the motor.....

Latest posts

Back