Rat ROD? found this today, you decide!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder how many times they had to sharpen the axe? Then again, maybe the lighting in the shop wasn't very good...well dang it all, looked good til we rolled er outside Cooter!! It 'felt' like a coupe to the blind guy!! Ok, I'll quit now, I have a project waiting in the wings, I might end up with something just like that. :D Sniper

first off i think you can get that car for $175

then remove that rear thing that is where the back glass would go. fill in the back with a sheet of steel that would wrap around like a 3 window coupe. cut a "chopped looking" back window mail slot in, put some old 1935 looking wire wheels on it and some thin white wall tires, get rid of the tail lights and fill the hole and put some old 40's looking tail lights mounted lower...or just crush it

What's hard to believe is that someone did that on purpose!! That's one ugly POS!!! It could look great....at the bottom of a lake!

I said FUGLY on here one time before about a car that was similar to this one. Someone disagreed with me. I'm saying it again about this car and if anybody disagrees with me, your insane!!!

NO tim your bug looks great, I just read this thread and was laughing my a** off, I had tears to my eyes from laughing so hard, that thing is so funny, I guess if you cut the top all the way off and fill in those sides, and maybe set the front end in the center of the car, and get a real nice motor and a cool interior, with some nice wheels, awhhhh WHO the hell am I trying to fool that thing is past ugly, think I'll stick with my Johnny Cash special.

i can appreciate the concept of what they where trying to do, but it is possible they over estimated they fabrication abilities,, some time imagination and pysical skill have a problem meeting in a reasonable concept, i imagine what possiblity they where trying to do but had no skills to get it out of their head and working in real life, everyone on this site has butchered something the first time, they tried it, but if they had not have tried, there there would be no growth in there ability to do the next one better,, so thought it was a bad looking fab job the atempt to do something different i admire,, souly on the basis of , if ya dont succeed the first time,, dont try sky diving with out lessons!

Just had to attach these pics to the site so I could call em up as a 'DON'T' example in the future.

Attachments

• VWScrapRod.jpg
    VWScrapRod.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 19
  • VW-ScrapRod2.jpg
    VW-ScrapRod2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 17
  • VW-ScrapRod3.jpg
    VW-ScrapRod3.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
you guys don't know class when you see it!!!

well this isn't it either. haha i could really do something with that!! cut the roof off. find a truck roof, weld it on. finish the package area so it blends smoothly in to the truck, like a model a coupe or any of the '30's type coupes.
attach model a fenders front and back, with boards. attach '32 grille shell to the monstrosity on the front. paint it a cherry red and it would sell, BIG BUCKS. you guys just don't have no vision!
i think i might build this in 1/25th scale and see how it looks!!

Last edited:
Thats the first car I ever saw that needed to be worked on real hard, before you could crush it. Anyone who know's this guy, you need to be afraid "Be Very Afraid!!!"

1) San Antonio has a LOT of cheap meth cross over the border from Mexico every year. 2) Two of the MANY side effects are; poor visual accuity and minor hallucinations. So to get into this guys mindset I put on my Grandma's old coke bottle glasses and pounded my skull for five minutes with a ball peen hammer. After that it looked like a sweet ride with tons of possibility. Now all I have to do is decide where to put the laser cannons and the afterburner.

you guys are starting to sound like the bacon board

i think this is what the person who tried to build this was going for. i don't remember where i got this.
IMG-1.jpg

lighten up guys! what was your first build? this may not have been his first build and it also might have been in progress and they had to stop on it. if they had been able to finish it, who knows how cool it would have been? is this site getting all anul about what a rat rod is, llike other boards?

Latest posts

Back