Rat Rod Heaven: Part deux

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbilly4008

Well i was at the yard again this past sunday, finally met with the owner face to face. The full story of this yard goes like this: During the depression, 1930 to be exact, the mans father opened a repair shop as a means to pay the bills. Back then people fixed there cars rather than replaced them. There are train tracks that run directly behind the property. Back in the day the train would deliver factory direct parts right to the yard. Complete box cars packed with model A crate engines, axles, springs, wishbones, ect... Back then it was a thriving business.
Fast forward a few years to 1941, said owner of the shop was deployed to Europe and did not return home untill 1946. Sometime between '41 and '46 the gov't came in and took "quite a bit of cars" for the war effort. When the owner came home and found that over half his stock was lost he closed his doors to the public. He wasn't the same ever since. He refused to sell any of his remaining parts for any price.
All of the cars pictured in the ravine have been sitting there since 1941. When they were put there they were in like new condition.

Now the man's son owns it, and he says "I'll sell anything i've got." He told me that last year. Last week i've learned that he is going to scrap everything and sell off the property. He says he just doesnt want to deal with it anymore.

Im working on dealing with the man. He'll sell me stuff, then i'll sell it off to whom ever wants it. Im not looking to get rich, but i would like a little something for my time. So if anyone is looking for something in particular just ask. Dont expect to find any rare aftermarket speed equipment. Quite a bit of NOS items though.

Heres the link for Rat Rod Heaven: part one
http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8510

What an incredible place - WOW!!! It would be such a tragic waste for all that to wind up in a crusher! Good luck with trying save what you can. The Model A trucks etc.. seem to be descent enough shape. You would think people would be all over those especially. Thanks for the pics Hillbilly. I've looked through them a couple of times now.

T1

I'd be interested in those rims..find out what size they are and give me a price shipped to 48616 (MI)

thanks

wish I could find a yard like that in Michigan

Attachments

• 100_0786.jpg
    100_0786.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 54
I'd be interested in those rims..find out what size they are and give me a price shipped to 48616 (MI)

thanks

wish I could find a yard like that in Michigan

Those would be wicked cheap. but i dont know how the hell i would get them off. There doesnt seem to be any lugnuts. Maybe you just tear apart the center? I can find you similar wheels, but they will have the BIG 5 lug bolt pattern.

If you dont see what you want in the photos just ask me. Like i said, theres no way to get pictures of everything.

Send me a pic of what your looking and i'll have a look see.

I found a stack of model A windshield frames today. NOS model A fuel pumps. NOS model A rear springs, about 100 wire wheels of all sizes, grill shells......

Man, you should be talking that guy into getting an auction house in there instead of a crusher!!!!

If he doesn't want to deal with it, he can surely hire someone to put it into lots and sell it on e-bay or the like. That is a lot of easy money setting there. It'd almost be worth renting a pole barn and filling it up, just to sell it.

Those would be wicked cheap. but i dont know how the hell i would get them off. There doesnt seem to be any lugnuts. Maybe you just tear apart the center? I can find you similar wheels, but they will have the BIG 5 lug bolt pattern.

hmm..see what you can do, I like em..and as long as they'll I can get em to work for a ford 5x5 it's cool with me

and I'll be interested in a Model A windshield frame too and probably a grille shelle also...look for some old gauge clusters..possibly like a 54 olds or something cool like that

really appreciate you doing this, thanks!

any updates?

heres a list of things I want/need

'32 Ford Grille (saw one in the picts bottom of page 1 3rd pict)
long bullet style headlights
Get a price on that Plymouth gauge clusters in one of your picts, I'd take that
16'' Ford steelie wheels

Latest posts

Back