Rat Rod Magazine will be in Rapid City, SD!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratphotog

Banned
As the title says. I will be in Rapid City, SD and I am the Staff Photographer and Assistant Art Director for Rat Rod Magazine.

I will have some time on Sunday, April 25th to shoot a rat or two. These photos will likely end up in Rat Rod Magazine as features.

So, if you live in the Rapid City, SD area and you are free that Sunday please let me know. I'll need some info from you to schedule a shoot.....

- Name
- Car make and model
- A few photos of your car. They don't need to be fancy photos, just some shots that will give me a feel for what your car looks like.

Your car must also be drivable since I like to attempt rolling shots and I would also like to venture west of town into the badlands.

Please submit this information to me via private message or e-mail.

Thank you.
Chad Truss
Photographer/Assistant Art Director
Rat Rod Magazine

One more thing to add.

Should I receive a bunch of replies to this, please note I only have time to shoot 2 cars max so if I receive more replies then that I will need to pick two and people will get left out.

I am just putting that warrning out there so nobody gets offended.

Thank you.

I have been looking around. Is there even anyone from South Dakota on here?

I hope so.

If you live near Mt Rushmore (within an hour or so) please chime in and lets try to get in a shoot. I want to take advantage of what the badlands has to offer.

Wow, that is home turf for me. Almost, I live about 40 miles away. I haven't seen much around RC but I know they are there. 2 of the most righteous "ratrods" around reside here in the nothern Black Hills. There is a 34 pickup with a flatty in Spearfish that the guy drives a lot, very well done. I am aquainted with the owner. Also the best (IMO) rat around is a friend of mines 39 Willys pickup with a 392 Hemi. He has driven it for years. He is from Whitewood.
Badlands? Make sure and stop at Wall Drug, Ask for Ted, he will give you a red carpet tour. Also remember the southern border of the Badlands is the rez so watch your top knot if you go to Interior or Scenic, especially in the pubs. And don't go across the river.

Hey there. So are you available for a shoot, or can you pass the word to one of your friends. I am not familiar with the area, but is RC too far for you to drive?

What is wrong with crossing the river? What is wrong with the indians? lol

And I will have to check out Wall Drug for sure.

If you want to chat more about shooting your car, or if you can help hook me up with your friends that would be great. My e-mail is [email protected]

Thank you.

The rez is a tough area, kinda like getting lost in the lower east side of Chicago I guess. If you broke down and left your car for a couple hours it would most likely be stripped and burned when you got back. There is nothing wrong with the natives but many of them are militant and have a lot of animosity toward whites.
RC isn't too far for me and I would be glad to meet and show you around. I'll see what I can do about arranging for my 2 friends to bring cars to the shoot. If you are only going to be in town the one day, I could pick you up from the airport with my van and take you around.

That is wired about the indians over there. Indians in Minnesota love us because they are all rich because of us..... lol I know a few that don't have jobs and get a $10k check from the government once a week.

Anyways..... back on the subject.

We are driving out Friday, sightseeing Saturday and Sunday, then driving back on Monday. I am reserving Saturday for time with my wife, and then Sunday I plan to squeeze in a shoot with a couple cars should I be able to dig up interest.

All I do know about the land out there is the Wall Drug and the Badlands are east of where we are staying and we will drive by both on the way. The black hills, the badlands, and any of that rough stuff out there has to make for good shooting material, so it would be great to line up a couple cars to shoot while I am out there.

JB, I don't know if I need you to personally show us around, but it would be awesome if you could pass on some tips and a list of things to see.

Thank you.
Chad

My wife is a Pinup model and we travel to the Rapid City area alot. If you need a model let me know and I can put you in touch with her. She has been on the cover of Ol Skool Rodz and in 6 different features, so she has experience. I have lots of projects going but nothing that would drive there right now or I would be glad to bring something.

salvage yards

hes right about the salvage yards,ask to see the museum at the yard,its worth the 5 bucks.lots of old cool stuff[dr[drthey also made sculptures out of chrome bumpers

hey wach it JB

I grew up in or Scenic, and my grandparents still live there I still love the place I actually prackticaly live there durring the summer when i am prairie dogging lol
and Interior or Scenic arnt bad places if ya are use to them.

Sorry Matt, no offense. I have a lot of friends and relatives in that area too and many of my cousins are 1/8 to 1/4 Lakota but it is a whole different world down there and the rez is no place for the niave. One of my sisters was even married to a part indian rancher down by White Clay. It was a tough area though, lots of violence and crime.

Latest posts

Back