Rat Rod? newbie

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plugnickle

Well, I'm not entirely sure my project will be a rat rod, but because this will be my first major modification to a car is likely to turn out that way regardless. I've restored cars and maintained cars in the past, but nothing like this plan.

I retired at the first of 2013. I'd purchased a 54 Ford Tudor Customline last fall. A barn find that had been made to run and move around. However, it is not road worthy. Gas tank bad and, except for the ignition, none of the electrics work.

I bought a 91 TBird SC new back in 91 and drove it ~150,000 miles. I parked it about 7 years ago.

My plan is to put the SC running gear, complete with all of its computer connections under the 54. I've barely begun other than joining a couple of clubs and reading lots of posts.

I look forward to participating here.

Thanks for having me.

David

Welcome! post pix when you can...there's enough talent floating through here to keep you straight....

welcome

sounds like a good plan, one of the guys here has a 53-56 style ford truck and he put that same running gear in his and it look & runs good..

we expect lots of pics[P[;):D

Later:cool:

Welcome to Texas. I live in Houston. I got a 48 chevy pickup from Decator, Al a few months back. Really nice people in bama and Mississippi. I am building it as my first Rat Rod.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back