Rat Rod Poetry - Yes, Really!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder1

I want a rat rod! Not a shiny new street rod but a rusty ole rat! Not a sparkly coupe with fenders all fat, just a rusty ole banger that runs like a scared cat! I want nothing perfect and all polished with care, but just a simple old rod that'll frighten a few blue hairs! :D

Chopped and Channeled and ready for fun and when I 'm asked if it's finished, -I'll say, "It's done when it runs!!!" No billet or chrome or another trailer queen, just something that looks wicked old and really mean! Something to make purist street rodders give a dirty glare, :mad: and I'll just drive by and won't even care. :cool:

Open pipes and Coker Whitewalls should make it stand out. About that I'm certain and have little doubt. A cool skull shifter knob and bomber seats will add that special touch, If I get em from from Speedway they won't cost that much. A 350 small block or a Buick 409, no matter what kind, as long as it runs good it'll be fine. Yes I want a rat rod and with any luck, the guys from Rat Rods Rule...will guide me through building my truck. :D

Bonehead, DMW56, Tripper and Don, their always there when the build is on! There's no time to shine because it ain't about paint, build it or bust, you gotta stay focused, and remember to just trust in your rust! ;)

Thunder1

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words fella's! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's amazing what can come to mind when it's 6.00 a.m. on a Sunday and you can't sleep. It just popped into my head this morning and I thought it was kind of clever so I thought you guys might like to read it.

Thanks again,

Thunder

I'm glad you and DMW56 liked it Bonehead. Thanks!!! Sort of a tribute to all four of you mentioned in it. You all help make this such a great forum and I sincerely appreciate your dedication to it.

Thunder

Last edited:
A nice piece of witty poetry T-1. I'm digging the skull shift knob and bomber seats part.

Can't see my skull shift knob here though. I need to get Bonehead to make me a new bomber skull

Mighty fine words

OH YES!

I like it, I like it a LOT!

I am so tempted to "borrow" it and post in on the UK NSRA to wind those SOB's up :D - But I'm not that kind of person ;)

BUT if I may I will copy it and print it up in a fancy font on fancy paper and frame it, then stick it the window of my car for all to enjoy with FULL credit to Thunder 1 of course - BUT only if you say OK.

OH YES!

I like it, I like it a LOT!

I am so tempted to "borrow" it and post in on the UK NSRA to wind those SOB's up :D - But I'm not that kind of person ;)

BUT if I may I will copy it and print it up in a fancy font on fancy paper and frame it, then stick it the window of my car for all to enjoy with FULL credit to Thunder 1 of course - BUT only if you say OK.

Thank you Biggles! - I'm very honored that you would want to use it! Please do.

Thunder1

Last edited:
A nice piece of witty poetry T-1. I'm digging the skull shift knob and bomber seats part.

Can't see my skull shift knob here though. I need to get Bonehead to make me a new bomber skull

Thank you Gastrick! :eek: All I can say is - your interior is amazing! Nice and simple and so damn cool!! The bombers look fantastic too! I want some for my truck REALLY BAD!!!

Did you buy those or make them? Really nice work either way.

Thanks for posting the picture,

Thunder1

Thanks Thunder1. I didn't make the seats. I bought them used from the classifieds. I made the frames for them and the rest of the interior panels though. I did some threads on the processes a while back. If you are interested in taking a look, here's the links:

http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314&highlight=bomber+seats

http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86&highlight=interior

http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1527&highlight=interior

http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3554&highlight=interior

Thanks Gastrick! Either way, they really do look good with the custom interior panels as a back drop. I enjoyed seeing all the threads too.

Thunder1

A real cool rat poem from our very own rat poet.:D:D
Good job with the words, Thunder. Brought a smile to my face.

I was in a truckstop bathroom one time and it occurred to me i had never read any highbrow bathroom poetry I mean hey, even Poe and Shakespear you know they had business to do right, what if they had been there previously and left their mark?
...so I had to write some to class it up a notch.
Have you ever seen the cheap saltines they put on the table when you really want a club cracker?
Have you ever eaten too many?
This is what I authored (and black magic markered lol)
(no profanity...)

"Though Captains Wafers be a plenty
And strong succor for working men
It seems perhaps there are too many
Neither the deck hands nor the Captain are eating them
So there they lay upon the table
Salted fare seeming able
Should one strive to quell his hunger pangs
My greasy fingers would not avail to rent the crinkling plastic veil
I fell to curse which sprang from lips as "DANG!"
Having crushed them all to bits I tried my teeth and got the spits
The valiant carbohydrate mass
released its sealed hermetic gas
and crumbs were what I ate
I worked the entire night away until the burning dawn of day
My table a battlefield strewn with armor of vanquished foe
My enemies they were not through
and a I rose I felt anew that daily urge to go
I tarried there before I left
Evacuated bowels bereft
Flushing twice the wretched stool
I found my feet in fetid pool
My innards spooled round a soda can
I went to seek a physician
Eat the wafers, nevermore"-ME

your poem was too cool to leave laying around back in 2008!

Latest posts

Back