rat rod seats?!?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karny

Anyone know of any old or new cars that have solid seat pans that I might be able to chop/cut up and make bomber seats out of?

KaRNy

Rat Rod Seats

Hi Dude, the seats or should I say seat shells you are looking for would normally be found in an early to mid 30's English car like an Austin or Morris. I have the same idea and have seen some 1935 Austin 7 seat shells that will do the job nicely.
Cheers
Borge22:)

Any WWII Jeep.

seat-frame-jeep-a2925.jpg

Find one used if you can, but you can get them brand new from that site for 165.

I recently made some cheesey seats by duplicating some Kirkeys I bought for the race car. They are at work right now so no pic's available, but I made them out of sheetmetal I had laying around. You could definitly make your own. Play around with card board & when your happy, trace the design onto sheetmetal & weld 'em up. Free is good!

Generally the seat back is easy enough, it's the seat pan that is a bit tougher to fab up. What about the seat pan from garden tractors? I've seen them made up from flat stock, and some stamped out with rounded corners. Lots of times the pan gets tossed when the cushion goes bad. Might be a source.

I like Boneheads suggestion. These guys sell an early open cab Dodge weapons carrier seat that would work nice.

chttp://www.vintagepowerwagons.com/products/featured-parts.htm

The way I would make a seat pan hmm get a hunk of tree a cuple foot long and bigger around than said seat pan. Than useing wire wheels,heat,beltsander or any other wood eating tool to shape the end of that wood into a stamping negative. now lay your sheet steel on the stump and work to shape,and you can use heat its just smoke now go build not buy that seat pan.............

Latest posts

Back