Rat Rods not welcome at Paso Robles cruise night!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rat-on

The same city fathers that chased out the greatest west coast car show held by West Coast Kustoms is banning rat rods from their revived September 3rd cruise night. Immaculate rods only is the requirement! So, if you don't own a six figure Boydster or Foosemoble don't bother comming is their message. The hoydy toydy cheeze and wine crowd is responsible for this. There where some awesome rats that used to show up for this. Now chased off to gang ridden Santa Maria. :mad::mad::mad:

Cmon now, they didnt pay huge money for a car they didnt build just to be shown up by some rusty, low, loud, disease ridden, pile of metal that was built in some rinkydink garage. Besides we might get their cheese dirty with our gruby hands.

Its there loss.....can you just go down the road and start another car show with rat rods at the sametime[cl......was just thinking!!

I'll play Devil's advocate for a minute. Any event has the right to determine it's own rules. If Billetproof can ban cars that are deemed too fancy, why can't Paso have the opposite but same right? It's really very simple, there are enough car shows and cruises where a rat would be ok that we don't need to sweat those where we are not.

Pebble Beach is a by invitation only event and even some high dollar, rare cars are not welcome. But most people understand that and simply take their cars where they are accepted. We did pretty much the same thing when I was in a car club.........we banned ricers from coming to our shows. We found that some of the guys who drove them didn't want to play by our rules, like no speeding around at the show, no burnouts, no loud stereos, etc. So we didn't let any of them in. This is no different IMO.

Don

What kind of wine goes with Velveeta?
I agree, if they want only a certain type of car, that's their prerogative. Look on the bright side, the LA roadster show gave rats a whole section of their own.

I agree that clubs can disallow anyone they want and have no problem with that, it sounded like they weren't letting RRs on open public streets...this I would have a problem with.

Its funny that their big excuse from not allowing the West Coast Kustoms to throw the big cruise and show is some of the people drank too much and stumbled around in public. But on the other hand they promote Wine Festivals where EVERYBODY drinks and lots of people stumble around! Quite the double standard.:eek:

you know, I have never been to a car show. Not one. I dont think im any worse off for it so it dosent bother me. I usually see guys out in their cars and chat with them about it. Same information and I dont have to be around crouds.

Just park your car as close as you can to the event and invite your buddies. I've seen alot of shows start this no class no entry thing but alot more will make up a class just to allow you to attend.

Any event has the right to determine it's own rules. If Billetproof can ban cars that are deemed too fancy, why can't Paso have the opposite but same right? It's really very simple, there are enough car shows and cruises where a rat would be ok that we don't need to sweat those where we are not.

You got it. Life's to short to worry about it. Just hang around where you're wanted.

That's not necessarily true. I know of no car that was built without spending some money. Maybe it was put together with a modest amount, but some money still had to be spent on it. Our skills only go so far, then it is time to get some parts we need.:)

Don

Paso wants finished cars there and its a family oriented cruise now. Its there rules. Play by them or dont play at all. I know a bunch of guys that are going. they have been waiting for this since Santa Maria.

That's not necessarily true. I know of no car that was built without spending some money. Maybe it was put together with a modest amount, but some money still had to be spent on it. Our skills only go so far, then it is time to get some parts we need.:)

Don

mine was...just cleaned out the garage and there it was .

Everyone has therir own rights. If a particular club doesn't accept a certain type car or truck, that's their right. Simply don't go. You probably won't have a good time anyway! Plenty of cruises and shows that openly accept rats, go to one of them instead and you'll definately have a far better time because the people who own and build these type of cars are much better at conversations and answers should you ask questions about the construction of a vehicle, because they built it! Too many times I asked questions about the construction or a particular part of a rod at some of the larger street rod shows when I was building mine, only to be shunned and ignored because the owner had the car built by a shop and didn't know the first thing about the car. OK if that's your thing, but don't cop an attitude because I asked a simple question and you got your feathers ruffled! Enough ranting!!!! Just my .02 cents!:D...CR

Latest posts

Back