RatZilla!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratzilla

I'd like to introduce you to RatZilla! She's 22.5' of smooth driving, lowriding rat rod. I'm a rat rod virgin so I figured go big or go home, right?

We picked her up on Halloween night! I figured we might as well start with the right attitude. She barely fit on my buddies 23' roll back. The tow bill was more than the car! We had to cover 150 miles that day to bring her home.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 26
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
She had been sitting for a couple years out in the weeds in McMinnville, TN. She's not in that bad of shape. We put a starter, plugs, wires, and a distributor cap in her and she roared to life on the first touch of the ignition wires under the dash. Someone already borrowed the ignition switch. I think I'll leave it that way!

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 25
  • RatZilla front.jpg
    RatZilla front.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 24
  • RatZilla.jpg
    RatZilla.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 26
  • RatZilla rear.jpg
    RatZilla rear.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 21
Charley, believe it or not, I found her on ebay! I sent the guy a message and he was in McMinnville. The best part about this whole story is that I traded him a SnapOn tool chest for the car! I haven't used that tool box in years. It was just taking up space in my garage at home. He took it even trade!

you may not want to just leave the wires hanging for starting the car. Not unless you really like sitting on the side of the road answering all kinds of questions asked by the police as to wether or not the car is stolen. It does give them probable cause to pull you out of the car and possibly search it.

New brake master cylinder and wheel cylinders and new rubber lines today. Brake shoes look fine. We bled the brakes and we have good pedal. Tomorrow we flush the gas tank and blow out the lines. She'll be running and driving by early next week.

Latest posts

Back