Rear suspension very bouncy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneo4116

Have 27 coupe with 4 link and panhard bar set up,bought like it is also has coilovers on rear, just rides really rough shocks and coils are carreara brand,bounces bounces bounces,not to bad on a smooth road,but if its the least bit rough hang on,what can i do.[s

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 21
Is it bouncy standing still when you push on the back? If so, then the shocks are not stiff enough. I have some Carerra shocks that have three adjustments. However, my experience is it is hard to get soft enough shocks for a light car. That is the reason to use adjustable units.
On the other hand, if the shocks and/or springs are too stiff maybe you are just hitting the high spots on a bumpy road.
Try bouncing the rear and as rainman requested, post some pics.

The carreras have many different spring rates, and you can buy different springs from speedway to swap out for not too much $$. I'm betting the springs are too stiff for that car. I've been doing some research on those, and I think for a coupe like that you need 140 lb springs at most. You could have anything from 115 to 225 lb on there now.

Like the others said, see if the shocks are adjustable, play with that and then maybe try a softer spring.

Latest posts

Back