rear wishbones

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rear arms

There are some older builds on here with the same kind of set up, but the major problem is when they used the arms on the old cars, the rear torque tube helped support everything, with no tube the rear end will be a dangerous set up, I know it looks cool, but they will not hold up, looks are cool but safety keeps you alive, I've got a complete rear set up with arms, spring mounts and a big old buggy spring, I wanted to ues but no-way after finding out the info on this style set up.

radius arms

thanks for the info. what if i added a bar simular to a panhard running from center of rear to crossmember where radius arms triangulate, wouold that work?

thanks, john

I'm not saying its not done all the time, just need to be safe, the orignal arms are not strong enough, IMO you can use new products and still make it look old. look at these pictures, thanks to the internet and speedway, you can set the rear end up with a buggy style spring and new style radius rods, but still have the old school look.

Attachments

• 91645121_L.jpg
    91645121_L.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 5803234_L.jpg
    5803234_L.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 13
  • T-BUCKET-009.jpg
    T-BUCKET-009.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 91645105_R.jpg
    91645105_R.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 15
see how they set the rear end up with the buggy spring on the t-bucket, then use the new radius rods, front to rear, you could run a link from the top of the rear end to the upper part of the frame, as a third link that would keep the rear end from twisting, under load. old school looks with new age stronger parts.

Latest posts

Back