rearend advice

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deluxerux

Alright guys...I need your expertise. I know body work and minor mech work, but have no idea when it comes to this stuff.

I have a turbo 350 trans and have no idea which rear end to look around for on my 30 model a. I have the kingpin/spindle style up front, but have no idea what to get that will match the rear. Any input?

If you have the original model a front bolt pattern ,which is 5 X 5 1/2 " ,and you want the rear axle to match ,you have to look at Ford truck axles with the 5 bolt pattern. Which one to choose depends on the width of the body and the type of wheels your using. Once you know your wheel backspace and how much tire clearance you need/want you can determine what length axle you need. The old Bronco ones are narrower then the later pickup ones,there are websites with flange to flange measurements. As far as yokes from trans to axle matching, you will probably have to have a shaft made to the right length and get the right end put on to match what trans /axle your using.

Latest posts

Back